Gigabyte has launched a new motherboard as part of its Designare professional series. The new Gigabyte Z390 Designare is compatible with a wide range of 8th and 9th gen Intel Core processors but Gigabyte is pitching it as an ideal accompaniment for the 8-core Intel Core i9-9900K processor for pro content creators.
"Today's content creators are seeking faster and more efficient performance from their PCs. Gigabyte created the Designare series a few years back to fulfil these user demands," explained Jackson Hsu at Gigabyte. He added that Designare boards such as this new model are "loaded with features that enable content creators to express their artistic creativity," while enjoying top performance and efficiency.
In order to handle Intel's newest, most powerful consumer processors such as the Core i9-9900K, Gigabyte has created the Z390 Designare with a 12+1 phase digital CPU power design which includes both digital PWM Controller and DrMOS. An 8+4 solid-pin CPU power connector should ensure strong and stable power delivery. Power supply concerns are further calmed by the larger power supply area with 2x Copper PCB design, high-efficacy VRM heatsink with direct-touch heatpipe, and thicker thermal pad over the DrMOS module. In summary, this system shouldn't shirk with heavier workloads.
Other key attractions of the new Gigabyte Z390 Designare, according to the maker, are the CPU attached RAID, 802.11ac Wireless, Dual M.2 with Thermal Guards, Dual Intel GbE LAN with cFosSpeed, Front & Rear USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C with Thunderbolt 3 capability. A bullet point summary is provided below, but you can read through the full tech specs on the official product page.
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 12+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution with DrMOS
- Advanced Thermal Design with Direct Touch Heatpipe
- Intel Thunderbolt 3 - The USB-C that Does it All
- CPU attached PCIe 3.0 x4/x4 NVMe RAID
- Dual Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface with Thermal Guards
- Multi-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armour and Ultra Durable Design
- Dual Intel Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
- Onboard Intel CNVi 160MHz 802.11ac 2x2 WIFI
- Front USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C Header
- ALC1220-VB Enhance 114dB(Rear)/ 110dB(Front) SNR in Microphone with WIMA Audio Capacitors
- USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Support RGB Lighting Effect in Full Colours
- CEC 2019 Ready, Save the Power as Easy as One Click
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
Even though this is a content creation motherboard Gigabyte still has RGB lighting support, though it describes it as subtle and understated (but it has modes such as 'Double Flash', and Cycle Colour'.) The board itself is said to deliver "ultra cool aesthetics" with the jet black PCB and contrasting metallic silver components.
Gigabyte has yet to reveal pricing and availability of the Z390 Designare motherboard.