InWin has announced that its A1 PLUS Mini-ITX case is now available to pre-order from its web-store. The InWin A1 PLUS update upgrades the attractive A1 offering from last year and was present in a small way in InWin's CES 2019 product showcase, overshadowed by the likes of the 928 Super Tower and the Z-Tower Limited Edition Signature chassis (again).
The new InWin A1 PLUS is a highly attractive compact design featuring InWin's 'floating' design, just like its predecessor. Highlights of the case include its size, the built-in 10W Qi-compatible wireless charger, the addressable RGB lighting, the included 650W 80 PLUS Gold certified PSU with pre-managed cabling.
Full specs of the InWin A1 PLUS Mini-ITX case are provided below:
- P/N: IW-A1PLUS-BLACK, IW-A1PLUS-WHITE
- Colour: Black, White
- Case Type: Mini ITX Tower
- Case Material: SECC, Tempered Glass
- M/B Compatibility: Mini-ITX
- Expansion Slots: PCI-E x 2
- Maximum Compatibility: VGA Card Length: 320mm, CPU Heatsink Height :160mm
- Front Ports: 2 x USB 3.0, HD Audio
- Internal Drive Bays: 2 x 2.5-inch
- Thermal Solution Compatibility: 1 x 120mm Side Fan, 1 x 120mm Rear Fan / 120mm Radiator, 2 x 120mm Bottom Fan (a Sirius Loop ASL120 twin pack with addressable LEDs is pre-installed)
- Power Supply Compatibility: InWin 650W PSU Included ATX12V V2.4
- Product Dimension (H x W x D) with screw & handle height: 273 x 224 x 357mm
- Net Weight: 7.1 kg/ 15.7lbs
If you compare the above to the original InWin A1 you will notice the A1 plus offer slightly better graphics card maximum capacity (320mm vs 300mm), a beefier included PSU (650W vs 600W), and the bundled pair of fans that feature addressable LEDs. You won't find the Sirius Loop (ASL120) RGB fans listed on the InWin website as they too are not ready until late March. I'm not sure if there are any subtler changes that haven't made it to the specs or features listings.
For the improvements over the original model (video link) there is a price to pay. The new InWin A1 PLUS is available for pre-order in white or black for US$199, which is $40 more than the original version. Pre-orders are open from now until 15th March and the product will ship "in 10-15 business days".