AOC has announced a new 34-inch monitor with an Ultra-Wide display. The U3477PQU features a 21:9 ratio display offering 3440 x 1440 pixels, which AOC refers to as Ultra Wide Quad HD, or uwQHD for short. The firm also launched a quartet of gaming monitors yesterday including a 24-inch Nvidia G-SYNC enabled model and others aimed at gamers due to featuring fast refresh rates and snappy response times.
The AOC U3477PQU, pictured above, is a display that offers a 2.4 times larger pixel area than a standard Full HD monitor. AOC says that it will give you a view that is "equivalent to two 20-inch displays side by side," – but of course without any centre bezel ugliness. This display uses IPS technology for great colour reproduction and viewing angles and those angles are highly adjustable thanks to the 4-way adjustable stand provided.
Making the most of the screen area, AOC has included picture-by-picture and picture-in-picture modes. Buyers will have access to wide range of connectivity options "including DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI and MHL to easily connect to devices, peripherals, smartphones and even a second computer". Interestingly the monitor also has a feature to make it suitable for surveillance and monitoring tasks; with RS232 remote control and viewing of up to 16 simultaneous video streams.
The new AOC U3477PQU will be available in the US from 8th December at both Best Buy and Amazon, for $899.
Further AOC U3477PQU specifications
- Monitor Size: 34"
- Visible Screen Size: 86.7 cm
- Screen Format: 21:9
- Brightness: 300 cd/m² (typ)
- Contrast Ratio: Dynamic 80.000.000:1, Typical 1.000:1 (CR)
- Pixel / Dot / Pitch: 0.2325 (H) x 0.2325 (V) mm
- Display Area: 799.8 (H) x 334.8 (V)
- Viewing Angle: 178 (H) / 178 (V) (CR?10)
- Response Time: 5 ms GTG
New AOC Gaming monitors
AOC also launched four new gaming monitors yesterday. The range includes the Nvidia G-SYNC technology equipped G2460PG. This Full HD 24-inch monitor has a 1ms response time and a luminosity of 350 cd/cm². It will cost £369 and be available before Xmas. The rest of the gaming monitors are more traditional efforts as detailed below:
- G2460PQU/BR: With a refresh rate of 144Hz this 24-inch monitor takes gaming performance to the max - at an affordable price. (£219)
- G2770PQU: A 27-inch display which adds extra space to the gaming experience and boasts excellent refresh rates as well as speedy response times. (£299)
- G2460FQ: Non-stop action for thrill-seeking gamers at an affordable price. (£189)
the G2460PQU/BR and the G2460PG