Today AOC launched a new 28-inch monitor which boasts an Ultra HD resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, good connectivity and ergonomics "at a surprisingly low price". In an email to HEXUS, AOC said that the u2868Pqu embraces both the market trends of larger screen sizes and higher resolutions. The firm thinks that the new monitor is eminently suitable for: CAD/CAM professionals, architects, engineers and power users at home.
The AOC u2868Pqu has the following key specifications:
- Panel Size: 28” / 70.9 cm
- Panel type: WLED / TN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Brightness: 300 cd/m 2
- Contrast Ratio Dynamic: 80M:1
- Contrast Ratio Typical: 1000:1 (CR)
- Pixel / Dot / Pitch: 0.16(H)mm x 0.16(V)mm
- Display Area: 620.93(H) x 341.28(V)
- Viewing Angle: 170(H)/160(V) (CR≧10)
- Response Time: 1 ms GTG
- Scanning Frequency: H: 30-99 KHz / V: 50-76 Hz
- Pixel Frequency: 185.58MHz
- Maximum Resolution: 3840x2160@60Hz
- Colours: 1,073 billion
- Connectors: D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, 1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0
- Power consumption: 50.5W in use, 0.5W in standby
- Speakers: pair of 3W speakers
- Mount: 100x100mm
- Adjustments: 130mm height adjustment, pivot, tilt -5, tilt +24
- Regulations: CE, Energy Star 6.0, EPEAT Silver, RoHS, TUV-Bauart, TCO 6.0, CU, Ukrain Safety, ISO9241-307
- Controls: touch
- Features: PIP(Picture in Picture), PBP(Picture by Picture), Audio out, e-Saver, Eco Mode, i-Menu, Kensington Security Lock, Screen+
- Weight: 7.94Kg
- Warranty: 3 years with on-site exchange
The u2868Pqu uses a Real 8-bit +FRC arrangement to squeeze more than a billion colours from its TN panel. Its Ultra HD panel, with 3840 x 2160 pixels, offers four times as much detail as a regular Full HD panel. This monitor can work at up to 60Hz at its native resolution.
Thanks to its pixel response time of 1 ms AOC also suggests that the u2868Pqu is perfect for working on or watching fast-paced action video clips or enjoying games. The multiple source picture-in-picture and picture-by-picture functions make the panel even more useful for monitoring or watching another video source while you get on with your computing.
Though not listed in the spec sheet which I was emailed, AOC's press release says that the u2868Pqu offers MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) connectivity for mirroring you smartphone screen to the big screen. There's also a full range of wired monitor connection ports available; D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort. However none of the ports are duplicated – you have just one of each kind.
The AOC u2868Pqu is priced at £499 and includes a three year warranty with on-site exchange service. In the UK, Scan estimates stock will arrive on 17th June.