NZXT today has branched out rather strikingly into the highly competitive field of PC motherboards. Its first motherboard is based upon Intel’s Z370 chipset and is called the NZXT N7 Z370. This ATX board looks quite different from its competitors in a minimal and purposeful way, echoing the design ethic we see in many NZXT PC chassis.
According to NZXT it has leveraged “more than 12 years of experience as professional PC builders,” in order to formulate this first motherboard design. Everything is included, alongside Intel’s Z370 chipset, in order to build a powerful, stunning gaming PC, it says. There is a built-in digital fan controller, integrated RGB lighting channels, plus excellent hardware customisation options.
Exclusive features of the NZXT N7 Z370, as highlighted by the firm are as follows:
- CAM-powered features simplify setup and control of RGB lighting and fans
- HUE+ digital RGB lighting control: advanced lighting with numerous presets and custom modes
- GRID+ V3 digital fan control: convenient fan profiles within CAM for nine independent fan channels
- Clean customization: all-metal cover available in black and white, and heatsink covers available in a glossy blue, red, or purple finish to colour coordinate any build
- Efficient layout ensures straightforward and optimal setup with easy upgradeability
- Adaptive Noise Reduction optimizes cooling and noise balance for best gaming comfort
The above smart controls for modern niceties like fan and RGB LED control will be appealing to many. Built-in are two RGB lighting channels and nine fan channels. Looking at the customisations mentioned above together with the all-metal covers in white or black allows users to easily match or complement common chassis colours. Adaptive noise reduction uses an on-board sensor which measures and learns your system’s sound characteristics to find a good balance between fan speeds and cooling levels. NZXT claims that it can save users time in creating custom fan curves via machine learning, reducing fan noise by up to 40 per cent.
Moving on to more regular tech specs, please look over the following bullet point list:
- Intel Z370 Express Chipset
- ATX format 305 x 244 x 43mm
- 4x DDR4 DIMM slots (max 64GB)
- Supports memory overclocking speeds of up to 3866+MHz and Intel XMP 2.0
- Compatible with Intel 8th Generation Core i7, Core i5, and Core i3 processors using LGA socket 1151
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Four SATA 6Gb/s ports
- Two M.2 connectors
- Intel I219-V Gigabit LAN via RJ45
- HDMI/DisplayPort 1.2 ports
- Multi-GPU support with Nvidia SLI and AMD CrossFireX Technology
- Two PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8), Two PCIe 3.0 x4, One PCIe 3.0 x1
- 7.1 channel high-definition audio with Nichicon gold capacitors
- 15 digital power-phase design using Infineon ICs ensures clean and reliable power for your CPU, memory, and PCH chipset
- Rear I/O: 5x USB 2.0 ports, 4x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, Clear CMOS button, Optical S/PDIF Out port, 7.1-Channel Audio jacks
- Internal ports: 2x USB 3.1 headers, 3x USB 2.0 headers
The NZXT N7 Z370 will become available in the UK from 22nd January at an MSRP of £329.99 inc VAT.