NZXT has launched its H500 and H500i mid-tower chassis designs. These products take the H-Series design language forward to cover more form factors, says NZXT. Those who appreciate the NZXT design ethic will like the modern minimal design with four subtle colour combinations and a tempered glass side panel. Inside you shouldn't be disappointed with modern builder-friendly features such as intuitive cable management, quick-release SSD trays, and easy water cooling installation.
In easy to digest bullet points, both the H500 and H500i boast the following common features:
- Modern design and builder-friendly features
- Premium, all-steel construction with the sleek H Series aesthetic; available in four colour combinations
- Tempered glass side panel showcases your build
- Wire management is made easy with an intuitive, patent-pending cable management system
- Water-cooling installation is simplified using a removable bracket for either all-in-one CPU coolers or custom loop configurations
These chassis are constructed from SECC steel and tempered glass. Filters are supplied for the right side, bottom front, PSU intake and top exhaust. As mid-towers they measure W: 210mm H: 460mm D: 428mm and weigh in at 7kg. Users can fit motherboards as big as full ATX or choose Micro ATX or Mini ITX. Top I/O ports include 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A, and 1xAudio/Mic.
Expansion is facilitated by the provision of 7x back panel slots, bays for 2+1x 2.5-inch and 2+1x 3.5-inch drives, CPU coolers up to 165mm tall, and GPUs up to 381mm long. With respect to cooling peripherals, you can fit front radiators up to 280mm and rear radiators up to 120mm. Fans can be fitted as follows; 2x120mm/2x140mm in the front, 1x120mm/1x140mm top, and 1x 120mm at the rear. NZXT supplies two of its Aer F120 1200 ± 200 RPM rifle bearing fans pre-installed in top and rear positions.
If you appreciate RGB LED frills then the more expensive NZXT H500i may appeal to you. With this version you get the following additional features (not just lighting):
- The Smart Device, a built-in RGB and digital fan controller powered by CAM, delivers HUE+ and GRID+ functionality and includes two pre-installed fans and RGB LED strips.
- An optional Adaptive Noise Reduction fan control mode in CAM measures CPU and GPU temperatures, as well as ambient and system component sound levels to create custom fan curves that optimize the balance between cooling and noise
- Integrated, CAM-powered RGB lighting allows for dynamic personalization of each and every build
- Vertical GPU mount bracket showcases the gaming power inside (users need to supply their own riser card for vertical mounting)
Colour options for the new chassis are; Matte White, Matte Black, Matte Black and Red, and Matte Black and Blue. Pricing is H500 = UK£69.99 inc VAT, and H500i = UK£99.99 inc VAT. Expect availability before mid-June, NZXT told HEXUS in an email. Buyers get a two year warranty.