Chassis and cooling specialist Fractal design has just launched its new Focus G Series. The Fractal Design Focus G Series is split between two form factors; standard ATX and Micro ATX sized chassis. These are the Focus G and Focus G Mini chassis respectively. Aimed at the value end of the market, whichever you choose you will get change back from $50. Both chassis feature large side windows and include 2x 120mm Silent Series white LED fans.
The larger Focus G can fit ATX, mATX and ITX motherboards and is still designed to be compact and modern. Available in Black, White, Petrol Blue, Mystic Red, and Gunmetal Gray, this chassis offers:
- Six total fan positions for high-airflow capability
- Filtered front, top and base air intakes for a dust free interior
- Support for high-profile CPU coolers and multiple radiator configurations
- 18 - 25mm of space for cable routing behind the motherboard plate
- Support for graphics cards up to 380mm long without compromising hard drive space
- CPU cooler height to 165mm
- Two vibration dampened universal drive bays with support for 6TB+ HDDs and 15mm SSDs, plus an additional 2.5-inch mount behind the motherboard tray
- Front I/O panel includes USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and audio jacks
- Captive thumb screws to both side panels
- Kensington anti-theft padlock bracket and re-usable ventilated expansion slot covers included
It measures 205x431x450mm, providing nearly 40 litres of space and weighs in at just 4.5Kg.
Looking at the smaller Focus G Mini, it is only being made available in Black (see below). With this chassis you can fit either mATX or ITX motherboards. There are less expansion slots: down to 4 compared with its big brother's 7 but otherwise it's very close in spec. For example it still boasts maximum GPU length of 380mm, PSU length of 230mm, and cooler height of 165mm.
Overall the Fractal Design Focus G Mini measures 195x370x450 mm (not drastically smaller than the regular model) with a capacity of 32.5 litres and weight of 4.1Kg.
As mentioned in the intro, whichever Focus G chassis you choose it will retail at US$49.99. Unfortunately I haven't received any specific availability information. Full comparitive specs are listed below.