New QLED TV features Direct Full Array, Ambient Mode and SmartThings for even better picture quality, intuitive control and seamless design
LONDON, UK - March 7, 2018 - Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today unveiled its 2018 home entertainment lineup at the company’s ‘First Look in New York’ event. Samsung highlighted details about its flagship QLED TV models and its expanded lineup of Ultra HD certified, Premium UHD and Super Big Screen TVs. With groundbreaking design elements, enhanced picture quality, and intuitive smart capabilities, Samsung’s 2018 QLED line empowers consumers to enjoy content without distractions – even when viewers are not actively watching.
“Our 2018 lineup of televisions are truly our most innovative and sophisticated yet, designed for today’s consumer who is mindful of the aesthetics of their space,” said Jonghee Han, President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “We are excited for consumers to experience our new TV lineup and features that offer more freedom to decide where and how the TV can be best enjoyed within the home.”
Samsung’s 2018 line features new innovations that enrich the lives of consumers by reimagining how TV integrates into the living room, how consumers enjoy their content, and how they interact with their devices.
Highlights of the 2018 lineup include:
Ambient mode does away with the black screen and provides useful information throughout the day – even when consumers aren’t actively watching movies and TV. It can play music as well as display news headlines, traffic reports, and weather updates. Ambient Mode can mimic the pattern on the wall behind the TV to create an astonishing visual effect in which the TV blends seamlessly into the wall.
One Near-Invisible Cable*
The new One Near-Invisible cable is a single slim optical cable that combines both consumer’s power and AV data to the TV. Available up to 15 meters, it frees consumers from having to place their TV near data or power outlets.
Smart TV and SmartThings
The QLED line’s smart capabilities offer revolutionary ways to set up the TV and find content. Effortless Login uses the new SmartThings app** to drastically reduce the time it takes to set up a new TV. The new Universal Guide enables consumers to navigate across supporting streaming services and live TV through one intuitive menu. And with Samsung’s new SmartThings consumers can intelligently interact with their TV and a multiple of other devices through the SmartThings app.
Direct Full Array
The Q9F QLED TVs deliver stunning images with pristine contrast through Direct Full Array (DFA) technology. Direct Full Array uses a panel with a series of tiny zones that independently adjust colour and brightness to deliver the deepest black levels and purest whites.
Samsung offers four new audio products that offer clear and immersive sound tailored to the different ways that individual consumers set up and use their home theater systems.
- HW-N950: With front-firing, up-firing and new side-firing speakers, the HW-N950 Cinematic soundbar features Dolby AtmosÒ and DTS:X to create an extraordinary cinematic experience that delivers 7.1.4 surround sound.
- HW-N650: Designed for gamers and movie lovers, the HW-N650 Cinematic soundbar features Acoustic Beam Technology that puts consumers at the center of the action.
- HW-NW700: The HW-NW700 Sound+ soundbar features a wall-mounted design that perfectly complements QLED TVs so that they both blend beautifully into any home environment.
- VL550: The VL550 speaker includes a unique metal dial that consumers can attach to any metallic surface and use to control music with the sound of their voice.
Samsung 2018 TV Line Details***
In response to rising consumer demand, Samsung is reinforcing its commitment to Super Big screen TVs. The 2018 Samsung TV line features 9 10 series across the QLED TV, Premium UHD, UHD and Super Big Screen display range, available in a variety of sizes. Models in the 2018 lineup feature both flat and curved display options.
- QLED TV: Models in the 2018 QLED TV lineup include – Q9F (55”, 65”, 75”), Q8C (55”, 65), Q7F (55”, 65”, 75”) and Q6F (49”, 55”, 65”, 75”, 82”). The QLED TVs are Certified Ultra HD Premium****, feature enhanced color and contrast, HDR10+ compatibility, Ambient Mode, Smart TV enhancements with SmartThings, One Remote Control and the One Near-Invisible Connection.*
- Premium UHD: Models in the 2018 Premium UHD TV lineup include NU8500 (55”, 65) and NU8000 (49”, 55”, 65”, 75”, 82”). The Premium UHD TVs are all Ultra HD certified and feature HDR 1000 powered by HDR 10+ delivering exceptional detail as the creators intended, new clean cable solutions, and Smart TV enhancements with SmartThings and One Remote Control.
- UHD: Models in the 2018 UHD TV lineup include NU7500 (49”, 55”, 65”), NU7400 (43”, 50”, 55”, 65), NU7300 (49”, 55”, 65”), NU7100/20 (40”, 43, 49”, 55”, 65”, 75”)****. These UHD TVs are all Ultra HD certified guaranteeing true 4K colour and clarity and include HDR 10+ delivering unrivalled brightness and shadow detail, clean cable solutions, slim design and Smart TV capabilities.
Samsung’s 2018 home entertainment line will be available in stores beginning March 2018. For more information and pricing on Samsung’s TV and Audio products, please visit http://www.samsung.com/uk/tv-first-look/
*****One Near-Invisible Connection applies to Q7F and higher models. One Remote Control applies to NU7400 and higher models.
**SmartThings / Compatible phone and app required.
***The product line, details and availability vary depending on the region.
**** NU7120 (40”,43” variants), NU7100 (49”, 55”, 65”, 75”)
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, and memory, system LSI, foundry and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung UK Newsroom at https://news.samsung.com/uk/