On Friday ASRock was one of many motherboard manufacturers to launch a new range based upon Intel's X99 platform. It launched some new 'Super Alloy' boards and others targeted at gamers, server system makers and overclocking enthusiasts. However for some reason, perhaps simply extra development time, ASRock held back from announcing its X99 Extreme 11 motherboard.
The ASRock X99 Extreme 11 motherboard was pictured and detailed at the firm's X99 event in Taiwan. This is an E-ATX form factor motherboard with a huge amount of features and, of course, SATA connections as per the story headline. It boasts a total of 18 SATA 6Gbps ports. If you need more storage options, don't fret because it also has two Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4) SSD slots.
As well as the headlining storage options the ASRock X99 Extreme 11 features ASRock's Super Alloy heatsink design, Dual-N MOSFETs, Nichicon 12K platinum caps and premium 60A power chokes for stability and reliability. You will notice from the pictures that ASRock has installed a cooling fan to moderate the PCIe controllers next to the array of connectors.
ASRock X99 Extreme 11 motherboard key specs, according to WCCFTech:
- Form: E-ATX, LGA 2011-v3 socket
- DIMM slots: 8 DDR4 slots for up to 128GB of system memory (up to 3300MHz)
- Storage: 18 SATA 6Gbps ports plus 2 Ultra M.2. slots
- Expansion: 5 PCI-e 3.0 x16 slots supporting up to 4 GPUs
- Rear I/O: four USB 2.0, four USB 3.0, dual Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, two e-SATA ports, a PS / 2 port, CMOS Reset switch, 7.1 Channel audio
As you can see this motherboard comes in the usual ASRock black and blue colour scheme. The pricing wasn't revealed officially by ASRock but it is expected to hit the market at around the US$450 mark.