The SilverStone Raven RVZ01 was first revealed at the CES last month. Now we have just heard that this chassis, which supports mini-ITX and DTX motherboards, will be available in retail this week priced at £50 / €68.
The new SilverStone Raven RVZ01 is the successor to 2008's Raven RV01. SilverStone informs us that the 2014 Raven design team's goal was an ambitious one: "to exceed and reshape the small form factor landscape with another breakthrough case design." Key specs of the RVZ01 which the designers put forward to show they have achieved their goal include the fact that this SFF chassis can accommodate "the biggest consumer graphics card on the market with superb air cooling performance and the ability to support liquid cooling".
- Model No: SST-RVZ01B (black)
- Material: Reinforced plastic outer shell, steel body
- Motherboard: DTX, Mini-ITX
- Drive Bay: External Slim slot-loading optical x 1, Internal 3.5-inch x 1, 2.5-inch x 3
- Cooling System: Top 1 x 120mm fan, 1500rpm, 18dBA, Bottom 1 x 120mm fan, 1500rpm, 18dBA, 1 x 120mm fan slot
- Expansion Slot: 2
- Front I/O Port: USB 3.0 x 2, audio x 1, MIC x 1
- Power Supply: SFX
- Expansion Card: Support graphics card up to 13-inch, width restriction of 5.88-inch
- Limitation of CPU cooler: 83mm
- Net Weight: 3.71kg
- Dimension: 382mm (W) x 105mm (H) x 350mm (D), 14 liters
- Extra: Support two Kensington locks
As you can see from the specs above, you can fit in a graphics card up to 330mm (13-inch) long into this SFF chassis. Also of interest to performance pushing PC enthusiasts will be the good array of cooling possibilities, including liquid cooling support. A 'positive air pressure' design means that the RVZ01 should provide good cooling performance, with dust-prevention characteristics.
It's good to see that you can easily install an ODD drive as many SFF cases simply remove the 5.25-inch bay required with no internal alternative. SilverStone has thoughtfully left room for a slot-loading laptop-style ODD next to where the power supply is fitted. TheRVZ01 chassis can be stood vertically or horizontally.