Major Enterprises of Scale Solving Real-World Challenges with SanDisk Software-Defined All-Flash Storage
MILPITAS, Calif., April 11, 2016 – SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash storage solutions, today introduced an upgraded all-flash storage platform with the introduction of the InfiniFlash™ IF150 system, the latest addition to its InfiniFlash family, which is transforming data centers around the world. The new IF150 brings twice the performance via upgraded 12Gbps SAS connectivity, and the same massive capacity to big data and hyperscale workloads as the previous generation of InfiniFlash. This further broadens the potential uses for the next-generation storage platform around a variety of new workloads, including high-performance computing (HPC), big data analytics, media services and other high capacity, extreme performance-demanding applications. Today, SanDisk also introduced new offerings to enhance the experience for InfiniFlash customers.
“Since its launch, the game-changing performance and economic benefits of the InfiniFlash System have been recognized by customers—from data centers in research institutions doing big data analytics to web providers, hyperscalers and video streaming companies who manage data on a massive scale, and more,” said Ravi Swaminathan, vice president and general manager of systems and software solutions at SanDisk. “With our new IF150 system, we have pushed the performance even further, while at the same time delivering massive-scale storage at a price point that makes business sense.”
The IF150 system is uniquely suited for both the scale-out and scale-up environments required by today’s enterprise, cloud and hyperscale data centers. Delivering up to two million raw IOPS and consistently low latency, the IF150 system supports demanding workloads by addressing scalability and availability challenges. It works intelligently as an integrated hardware, software and open source system to deliver multiple business benefits to enterprise customers. It offers up to half a petabyte (512 terabytes) of flash storage in one 3-rack-unit (3U) system and can directly connect up to eight off-the-shelf-servers. Like all InfiniFlash systems, the new IF150 offers massive all-flash storage capacity at a $1 per GB price point for raw flash – compression and de-dupe capability in storage software (available from SanDisk Infiniflash ecosystem partners) can further dramatically reduce the effective price per GB.
“While all-flash arrays continue to exhibit strong double digit growth, the cost of these solutions is undergoing an increasingly downward trend,” said Eric Burgener, research director at IDC. “As these flash alternatives reach price parity with HDD-based systems, we are starting to see more data center customers able to consider them for their storage requirements. The introduction of the InfiniFlash IF150 system brings higher performance at an effective dollar-per-gigabyte price point; in turn allowing a variety of new enterprise workloads to benefit from flash storage performance.”
IF150 features and specifications include:
- Exceptional Performance: Features an enhanced 12Gbps SAS interface, which can deliver up to two million IOPS, providing new levels of speed and performance in read/write-intensive environments.1
- Breakthrough Economics and Reduced Opex: Offers up to an 80 percent reduction in total cost of ownership (TCO) advantage over HDD-based systems. It is projected that all-flash arrays are 10x more reliable than HDD-based arrays, greatly reducing maintenance and FRU expenses.2
- Incredibly Low Power Consumption: The lowest power consumption – 450 watts average – of any high-capacity flash storage in the industry, significantly reducing data center operating expenses.3
- Downsized Data Center Footprint: IF150 delivers among the highest density – 512TB in 3U – in the industry, saving costly rack space in the data center, making efficient use of available power and floor space.
In addition to the introduction of IF150, SanDisk is now further broadening its commitment to exceptional customer support for the InfiniFlash systems family with the addition of two new optional offerings:
- FlashStart™ – A SanDisk Professional Service for all InfiniFlash storage systems and SanDisk ION Accelerator™ customers that ensures that all hardware and software is optimally installed and configured to give all customers a competitive edge.
- FlashAssure™ – A comprehensive customer support service including warranty coverage, selectable Service Level Agreement (SLA) options and onsite field technicians.
InfiniFlash Customer Quotes:
- “GleSYS provides flexible, scalable, hosted Internet solutions to nearly 3,500 customers around the world,” said Glenn Johansson, chief executive officer & founder, GleSYS Internet Services AB. “Incorporating SanDisk’s InfiniFlash system as part of our solution provides GleSYS with a seamless, simple-to-manage, cost-efficient solution that delivers substantial performance gains over traditional legacy infrastructure.”
- “CompuGroup Medical needed a solution that provided high performance and improved latency to support diverse and complex workloads,” said Thomas Schend, senior IT systems architect, CompuGroup Medical. “By deploying the InifiniFlash System, CompuGroup Medical realized increased data access speeds, lower power and cooling costs, and a reduced data center footprint—all in a cost-effective solution.”
- “As part of Wipro’s SDDC strategy, our next generation SDS reference architecture is designed for seamless adoption and transition to a flexible, highly-scalable, efficient and high-performance storage solution,” said Anuj Bhalla, vice president and business head - Global SI, Maintenance Services and Products at Wipro. “Wipro’s SDS, powered by SanDisk’s InfiniFlash technology, brings in unmatched all-flash performance, reliability at lower cost and SanDisk’s innovation on next-gen flash dramatically reduces DC footprint, altogether lowering overall TCO.”
For more information about the IF150 system and InfiniFlash or to view InfiniFlash studies, visit https://www.sandisk.com/business/datacenter/products/flash-systems/infiniflash.