(Rushden, UK). - 29 August, 2012 - Belkin, creators of people-inspired technology products, today announced the European launch of a new line of advanced wireless routers featuring 802.11ac technology. Belkin's state-of-the-art wireless dual-band AC+ gigabit routers provide enhanced reliability and coverage, and speeds up to 2.8 times faster than current 802.11n.
The fifth and latest generation of WiFi technology, AC, creates a home network that can cope with the needs of even the busiest wireless household, enabling you to connect multiple devices so you can watch full HD movies and play the most advanced games on-line, all at the same time, without the annoyance of buffering movies or stuttering video.
Featuring Broadcom's (5G Wi-Fi) 802.11ac chip technology, the Belkin AC1000 DB and AC1200 DB deliver greater wireless speeds, making it possible to stream more content to multiple devices virtually anywhere in the home. Ideal for smartphones and tablets, AC technology enables faster file transfers when used with client devices which also support AC, reducing battery usage and making the newest introductions to Belkin's range the ideal centrepiece to any advanced home technology ecosystem.
In addition to high-speed wireless Belkin's AC Routers have a range of advanced new features, including support for IPv6 standards and intuitive parental control with three settings enabling you to keep undesirable content from your home network. The inbuilt IntelliStream technology automatically prioritises bandwidth-intensive applications, guaranteeing the highest priority to voice or video traffic so content is streamed easily and without buffering. The AC Routers also have a built-in DLNA media server that allows streaming of media to multiple devices within the home network.
"With a majority of video content being consumed on devices such as smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets instead of a home computer, today's tech-savvy families have an increasing need for simultaneous connections to multiple devices throughout their homes," said Bart Bomers, Director of Networking for Belkin EMEA. "The enhanced speed and expanded coverage of Belkin's AC routers enable users to achieve the truly seamless online experiences they crave."
AC1000 DB Wi-Fi Dual Band AC+ Gigabit Router (F9K1112) - £ 149.99 / €179.99 and AC1200 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router (F9K1113) - £ 179.99 / €199.99
AC1000 DB Wi-Fi Dual Band AC+ Gigabit Modem Router (F9J1104) - £169.99 / €199.99 and AC1200 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Modem Router (F9J1106) - £ 199.99 / €219.99
- AC1000 DB is up to 2 times faster than 802.11n technology with simultaneous dual-band speeds up to 950Mbps (300Mbps on the 2.4GHz + 650Mbps on 5GHz)
- AC1200 DB is up to 2.8 times faster operating on 1167Mbps link rate (300Mbps on 2.4GHz + 867Mbps on 5GHz)
- Uninterrupted HD streaming to multiple devices simultaneously helps conserve battery power on mobile devices
- Belkin's built-in IntelliStream QoS automatically prioritises video and gaming and reduces loading time on frequently visited sites
- MultiBeam technology provides a high-powered signal for maximum coverage across the entire home
- Parental Control powered by Norton blocks unsafe and inappropriate content with three levels of protection
- Media Server technology allows you to stream DLNA multimedia throughout your home
- IPv6 compatibility future-proofs the home network
- Backward-compatible with previous generations of Wi-Fi
- 4 Gigabit ports for maximum network speeds
The AC1000 and AC1200 DB Wi-Fi Dual Band AC+ Gigabit Routers and Modem Routers will be available in September.
At Belkin, we are inspired by people. With more than 200 patents, Belkin invents products that harness the power of technology to enrich people's lives. From wireless home networking and entertainment, to mobile accessories, energy management, and a broad USB and cable mix, Belkin products connect the dots between people and technology. Belkin also provides public and private sector organizations with high-quality security, infrastructure, energy, and server-room solutions. A privately held company founded in 1983, Belkin has more than 1,200 employees in 25 countries. Headquartered in Playa Vista, California, Belkin can also be found on the web at Belkin.com/uk, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Belkin.UK and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Belkin_UK.