Taipei, Taiwan, August 20, 2019 – QNAP® Systems, Inc. (QNAP) today released QTS 4.4.1 beta 4, the latest version of the acclaimed QNAP NAS operating system. QTS 4.4.1 beta 4 has added many useful features, including a list of improvements and enhancements from the previous version. Starting from today, QNAP NAS users will receive QTS 4.4.1 beta 4 update.
Control Panel - Multimedia Console
- Replaced Multimedia Management with Multimedia Console, which integrates media indexing, transcoding, thumbnail generation, and content management, allowing users to manage multimedia applications and services more efficiently. Multimedia Console also provides the following features:
- Browse content in various multimedia applications in Content Management after adding folders as content sources
- Monitor the status of all multimedia applications and services
- Configure content sources for Qsirch advanced photo indexing
- File Station now supports converting Apple iWork file formats to Microsoft Office file formats using CloudConvert.
- Added support for restoring QDFF files and folders with HBS 3 in File Station.
- Added support for PostgreSQL 11.4.
- Changed the password requirements to enhance system security.
- Added support for Marvell QLogic Fibre Channel host bus adapters for the following NAS models: TS-832X, TS-432XU, TS-432XU-RP, TS-832XU, TS-832XU-RP, TS-1232XU, TS-1232XU-RP, and TS-1635AX
- "IP Access Protection" is enabled by default for the SSH, Telnet, and HTTP(S) protocols to enhance system security.
- Users could not wake the NAS using Wake-on-LAN in Qfinder Pro after updating QTS to 4.4.1.0978 build 20190626.
- The system fan speeds on the TVS-682 would increase abnormally after users updated QTS from 4.3.6 to 4.4.1.
- Storage & Snapshots would change the volume names on the TR-004 expansion enclosure after users updated QTS to 4.4.1.
- Dashboard would not display the fan information of the QM2-2S expansion card after users updated QTS to 4.4.1.
- The "create folder" and "upload" icons would disappear from the toolbar in File Station when users browsed subfolders.
- The Marvell Qlogic QLE2562-CK Fibre Channel host bus adapter could not successfully connect to the NAS.
- Qfiling could not decrypt files encrypted in File Station with passwords containing multibyte characters, or vice versa.
- Users could not replace disks one by one for a legacy volume after updating QTS to 4.4.1.
Learn more about QTS 4.4.1 at https://www.qnap.com/qts/4.4.1
Note: Features are subject to change and may not be available in all products.
About QNAP Systems, Inc.
QNAP Systems, Inc., headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, provides a comprehensive range of cutting-edge Network-attached Storage (NAS) and video surveillance solutions based on the principles of usability, high security, and flexible scalability. QNAP offers quality NAS products for home and business users, providing solutions for storage, backup/snapshot, virtualization, teamwork, multimedia, and more. QNAP envisions NAS as being more than "simple storage", and has created many NAS-based innovations to encourage users to host and develop Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, and machine learning solutions on their QNAP NAS.