Taipei, Taiwan, June 25, 2019 – QNAP® Systems, Inc. (QNAP) today released QTS 4.4.1 Beta 2, the latest version of the acclaimed QNAP NAS operating system. QTS 4.4.1 Beta 2 has added many useful features, including a list of improvements and enhancements from the previous version. Starting from today, QNAP NAS users will receive QTS 4.4.1 Beta 2 update. QNAP sincerely invites users to join the Beta Program and provide feedback so QNAP can further improve QTS, and provide a more comprehensive and secure user experience.
Learn more about QTS 4.4.1 Beta Program at www.qnap.com/qts/qts441-beta/en
Control Panel - Multimedia Console
Replaced Multimedia Management with Multimedia Console.
Added support for sorting and hiding categories.
Added feature that automatically uses image files as thumbnails for videos with the same filename.
Added volume control function.
Added support for new movie and TV show categories.
- vQTS 4.4.1 supports local installation via HTML5 console.
Control Panel – Hardware
- vQTS 4.4.1 supports GPU pass-through from Virtualization Station. This makes the resources of the assigned GPU available for use by the apps/services of that vQTS.
Added support for managing shared folder encryption in File Station.
File Station supports encryption and decryption for files with the ".qenc" extension.
- Added support for document collaboration via Microsoft Office Online.
- Added support for removing the ultra-high speed (SSD) tier from a Qtier auto-tiering storage pool.
- Added Smart Snapshot Retention feature. Snapshots can now be retained by time period (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly).
Added support for creating hardware-encrypted storage pools using SED drives.
Added support for creating a one-time scheduled file system check.
Storage & Snapshots now tracks and displays the estimated remaining life of SSDs.
Added support for Fibre Channel storage protocol.
- Added quota support for user groups.
- Added support for Mustang-F100 FPGA and Mustang-V100 VPU cards. You can go to Control Panel and assign them as resources for the OpenVINO Workflow Consolidation Tool.
- Files on mounted Google Drive accounts (.gdoc, .gslides, .gsheet) can now be downloaded as Microsoft Office files (.docx, .pptx, .xlsx) in File Station.
Network and Virtual Switch
- Added support for displaying Fibre Channel adapter information and status.
- The new CacheMount application has replaced remote mount in File Station. Install CacheMount from the App Center to keep using remote mount services.
QTS – Security
Added version settings for TLS.
Added support for HTTP compression.
Modified the password policy to enhance user password security.
Updated IronWolf Health Management (IHM) to support new Seagate IronWolf and IronWolf Pro drive models.
QTS can now check for firmware updates for connected expansion devices and then prompt you to update them each time you log in.
Added support for performing S.M.A.R.T. tests for NVMe SSDs.
- Reduced and optimized the maximum latency for SSD storage space.
We have fixed the vulnerabilities in the following apps to ensure your data security: Surveillance Station, QVPN Service, Qfiling, Qsync Central, QcalAgent, and IFTTT Agent. To continue using these apps, go to the App Center and update them to the latest version.
For more information on the kernel versions for NAS models that QTS 4.4.1 supports, see www.qnap.com/go/release-note/kernel.
Removed the following applications from App Center due to PHP 7 updates in QTS 4.4.1: "phpEasyProject", "Dolphin", "CMS Made Simple", "Vtiger CRM", "iStat", and "PostgreSQL".
About QNAP Systems, Inc.
QNAP Systems, Inc., headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, provides a comprehensive range of cutting-edge Network-attached Storage (NAS) and video surveillance solutions based on the principles of usability, high security, and flexible scalability. QNAP offers quality NAS products for home and business users, providing solutions for storage, backup/snapshot, virtualization, teamwork, multimedia, and more. QNAP envisions NAS as being more than "simple storage", and has created many NAS-based innovations to encourage users to host and develop Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, and machine learning solutions on their QNAP NAS.