Centralised backup made easy for businesses
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom — 9th October, 2018—Synology Inc. today officially launched data backup packages Active Backup for Business, Active Backup for G Suite and the latest version of Active Backup for Office 365. Synology entered the market of backup applications for business, and users can now fully protect their workloads and data scattered across physical servers, virtual machines, PCs, and cloud services to Synology NAS without needing to purchase extra licenses.
"Due to budget control or limited of human resources, small to medium enterprises often fail to realise an all round backup solution." Said Jia-Yu Liu, Director of Application Group at Synology Inc. "Synology sees backup a necessity for business continuity. With the Active Backup suite, we hope to lower the barrier business backups and fully protect workloads on physical servers, virtual machines, and cloud services, saving businesses from the impact of disasters."
This version of Active Backup for Business is the first to support bare-metal restoration for PCs and physical servers, ensuring the safety of workloads on Windows and Windows Server, and protecting on-premises business deployments.
Key features of Active Backup for Business include:
- Protect your personal computer and server: With the Active Backup agent installed, users can protect the data from their Windows PC and Windows Server by performing snapshot-based backups. The bare-metal restoration of the entire computer or physical server is supported.
- Protect virtual machines: Data from virtual machines will be protected without requiring guest agents.
- Enhance backup efficiency:
o Global deduplication technology: Optimise your storage usage by deduplicating data across devices, platforms, and historical versions.
o Changed Block Tracking (CBT): Performs incremental backups to reduce required time and storage use.
- Flexible restoration: Supports single file restoration and full VM recovery to physical hosts or P2V via Synology Virtual Machine Manager (VMM).
o Instant restore to Synology VMM: Leverage existing Synology infrastructure to provide a disaster recovery solution or as a test environment for new deployments.
The Active Backup suite includes Active Backup for Office 365 and Active Backup for G Suite to satisfy the need for public cloud backup. Active Backup for G Suite is released officially as a means of protecting important data for business users. With these packages, admins will be able to manage backup tasks in a centralised dashboard. Additionally, after receiving and analysing valued customer feedback during the six-month private and public beta period, we've already encountered many success stories in the medical, logistics, and publication industries.
- Introduction and supported models of Active Backup for Business: https://www.synology.com/dsm/feature/active_backup_business
- Introduction and supported models of Active Backup for G Suite: https://www.synology.com//dsm/feature/active_backup_g_suite
- Introduction and supported models of Active Backup for Office 365: https://www.synology.com/dsm/feature/active_backup_office365
- Overview of the Active Backup suite: https://www.synology.com/dsm/feature/active_backup_suite