Designed for AI training, Inference, and Machine Learning, and maximum server density with NVIDIA T4 GPUs
San Jose, Calif. – GPU Technology Conference – Mar 19, 2019 – TYAN®, an industry-leading server platform design manufacturer and a subsidiary of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation, is showing a wide range of server platforms that support the NVIDIA® T4, NVIDIA V100 Tensor Core, and NVIDIA Quadro® RTX™ 6000 GPU accelerators for a variety of compute-intensive workloads such as deep learning training, inference, and photorealistic rendering at the GPU Technology Conference (GTC) in San Jose, Calif., through March 21.
“The need for accelerated inference not only drives the continuous growth of AI-service but also powers AI to make smarter applications,” said Danny Hsu, Vice President of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation's TYAN Business Unit. “TYAN’s leading portfolio of GPU server platformstake full advantage of the NVIDIA T4’s new Turing Tensor Cores and is optimized to drive greater data center efficiency for scale-out computing environments.”
“Built on our new Turing architecture, the NVIDIA T4 GPU features multi-precision Tensor Cores and new RT Cores,” said Paresh Kharya, Director of Product Marketing at NVIDIA. “TYAN servers with NVIDIA T4 GPUs are designed to excel at all accelerated workloads, including machine learning, deep learning, and virtual desktops.”
For maximum GPU density and performance, the 4U Thunder HX FA77-B7119 supports up to 20 NVIDIA T4 GPUs, 3TB of memory, and 14 hot-swappable 2.5” drives. The new Thunder HX FT85-B7119 supports 12 hot-swappable 3.5” drives by deploying the same server boards in a new 4U enclosure. These two systems are ideal for AI training and inferencing applications. The Thunder HX FT77D-B7109 is another 4U server system on display that can support up to 16 T4 GPUs for massively parallel workloads such as scientific computing and large-scale facial recognition.
The Thunder HX FT48T-B7105 is a pedestal workstation platform that supports up to 10 NVIDIA T4 GPUs. This high-end workstation gives maximum I/O to professional power users and is a great platform for 3D rendering and image processing.
The Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor-based Thunder HX GA88-B5631 and AMD EPYC™ processor-based Transport HX GA88-B8021 feature support for up to four and six NVIDIA T4 GPUs within a 1U server respectively. Both platforms offer an additional PCIe x16 slot next to the GPU cards to accommodate high-speed networking adapters up to 100Gb/s such as EDR InfiniBand or 100 Gigabit Ethernet. These platforms are among the industry's highest density GPU servers available on the market and are ideal for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Neural Network workloads. In addition, GA88-B5631 and GA88-B8021 can deploy up to four NVIDIA Quadro RTX 6000 GPUs for professional visual computing.
Moreover, TYAN Thunder HX TA88-B7107 takes full advantage of NVIDIA NVLink™ technology and supports eight NVIDIA V100 SXM2 32GB GPUs packed within a 2U server enclosure. With four PCIe x16 slots available for high-speed networking and 24 DIMM slots supporting up to 3TB of system memory, the Thunder HX TA88-B7107 is the GPU server platform with the highest performance for popular Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications.
TYAN GTC 2019 Exhibits
- 4U/20-GPU Thunder HX FA77-B7119: 4U dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based platform with support for up to 20 NVIDIA T4 GPU accelerators, 24 DDR4 DIMM slots, 1 spare PCIe x16 slot, and 14 2.5" hot-swap SATA 6Gb/s devices, four of the bays can support NVMe U.2 drives
- 4U/20-GPU Thunder HX FT85-B7119: 4U dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based platform with support for up to 20 NVIDIA T4 GPU accelerators, 24 DDR4 DIMM slots, 1 spare PCIe x16 slot, and 12 3.5" hot-swap SATA 6Gb/s devices, four of the bays can support NVMe U.2 drives
- 4U/16-GPU Thunder HX FT77D-B7109: 4U dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based platform with support for up to 16 NVIDIA T4 GPU accelerators, 24 DDR4 DIMM slots, 1 spare PCIe x16 slot, and 14 2.5" hot-swap SATA 6Gb/s devices, four of the bays can support NVMe U.2 drives
- 4U/10-GPU Thunder HX FT48T-B7105: Pedestal dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based platform with support for up to 10 NVIDIA T4 GPU accelerators, 12 DDR4 DIMM slots, 1 spare PCIe x16 slot, and 4 3.5" hot-swap SAS 12Gb/s or SATA 6Gb/s drives
- 2U/8-GPU Thunder HX TA88-B7107: 2U dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based platform with support for up to 8 NVIDIA V100 SXM2 GPU accelerators, 24 DDR4 DIMM slots, 4 PCIe x16 slots, and two 2.5" hot-swap NVMe U.2 drives
- 1U/6-GPU Transport HX GA88-B8021: 1U single-socket AMD EPYC processor-based platform with support for up to 6 NVIDIA T4 or 4 Quadro RTX 6000 GPU accelerators, 16 DDR4 DIMM slots, 5 PCIe x16 slots, and two 2.5" hot-swap SATA 6Gb/s devices
- 1U/4-GPU Thunder HX GA88-B5631: 1U single-socket Intel Xeon Scalable processor-based platform with support for up to 4 NVIDIA T4 or 4 Quadro RTX 6000 GPU accelerators, 12 DDR4 DIMM slots, 1 spare PCIe x16 slot, and two 2.5" hot-swap SATA 6Gb/s devices
TYAN, as a leading server brand of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation under the MiTAC Group (TSE:3706), designs, manufactures and markets advanced x86 and x86-64 server/workstation board technology, platforms and server solution products. Its products are sold to OEMs, VARs, System Integrators and Resellers worldwide for a wide range of applications. TYAN enables its customers to be technology leaders by providing scalable, highly-integrated, and reliable products for a wide range of applications such as server appliances and solutions for HPC, hyper-scale/data center, server storage and security appliance markets. For more information, visit MiTAC’s website at http://www.mic-holdings.comor TYAN’s website at http://www.tyan.com