Taipei, Taiwan, Nov 6, 2018 - TYAN®, an industry-leading server platform design manufacturer and a MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation subsidiary, today introduced new Intel® Xeon® E-2100 processor-based server motherboards and systems to the market. The new lineup is designed to offer enhanced performance, advanced security, and reliability of cost-effective entry server solutions.
“Small and medium-size businesses need to maintain their competitiveness by deploying a powerful server platform for performance, enhanced memory capabilities, and hardware-enhanced security,” said Danny Hsu, Vice President of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation's TYAN Business Unit. “TYAN’s Intel® Xeon® E-2100 processor-based platforms are optimized for cloud computing, storage and embedded environment applications. By utilizing Intel’s features of performance improvement, expanded I/O and enhanced Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX), TYAN enables our customers to enjoy superior performance in file sharing, storage and virtualization.”
The new Intel Xeon E-2100 processor increases reliability, security, performance, and affordability for entry servers, with up to 6 cores and 12 threads and up to 4.7 GHz Intel® Turbo Boost Technology frequency combined with up to 64GB DDR4 ECC 2666 MHz memory support to deliver rapid workload loading and processing.
“Having a high-performance server helps small businesses maximize employee productivity and better respond to changing business needs,” said Jennifer Huffstetler, Vice President and General Manager of Intel’s Data Center Product Marketing Group. “TYAN’s entry servers based on the new Intel Xeon E processor offer innovative form factors and designs for the diverse requirements of these customers.”
TYAN’s new Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based server boards include the Tempest CX S5550 with support for up to 4x GbE LOM in a Micro-ATX form factor and the Tempest CX S5552 with support up to 4x GbE LOM and optional SAS 12G controller in an ATX form factor are designed for entry server/ storage applications. Furthermore, the extended Tempest EX S5550-EX and Tempest EX S5552-EX models provide 7-year longevity supply and wide-range operating temperature (0° C ~ 55° C) support for embedded applications. The Tempest EX S5555-HE with display port, DVI-D, and 7.1 channel high definition audio in a Micro-ATX form factor is ideal for embedded workstation applications.
TYAN’s Thunder CX GT24E-B5556 is a 1U single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based edge cloud server. With support for up to 4 DDR4 DIMM slots, 3 PCIe slots, and dual 10GBase-T Ethernet ports, the platform is optimized for cost-effective cloud gaming applications.
TYAN’s Intel Xeon E-2100 Processor-based Platforms:
- Tempest CX S5550: Single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based server board in Micro-ATX (9.6" x 9.6") form factor for entry server applications
- Tempest CX S5552: Single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based server board in ATX (12" x 9.6") form factor for server storage applications
- Tempest EX S5550-EX: Single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based server board in Micro-ATX (9.6" x 9.6") form factor with 7-year longevity supply and wide-range operating temperature support for embedded and IoT applications
- Tempest EX S5552-EX: Single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based server board in ATX (12" x 9.6") form factor with 7-year longevity supply, wide-range operating temperature support and EMI class B compliant for embedded and IoT applications
- Tempest EX S5555-HE: Single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based workstation board in Micro-ATX (9.6" x 9.6") form factor for embedded and IoT applications
- Thunder CX GT24E-B5556: 1U single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based server platform with support for up to 4 DDR4 DIMM slots, 3 PCIe slots, dual 10GBase-T Ethernet ports, 4 3.5” hot-swap SATA/6Gbs drives and 2 2.5” internal boot SSD for cost-effective cloud gaming applications.
TYAN, as a leading server brand of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation under the MiTAC Group (TSE:3706), designs, manufactures and markets advanced x86 and x86-64 server/workstation board technology, platforms and server solution products. Its products are sold to OEMs, VARs, System Integrators and Resellers worldwide for a wide range of applications. TYAN enables its customers to be technology leaders by providing scalable, highly-integrated, and reliable products for a wide range of applications such as server appliances and solutions for HPC, hyper-scale/data center, server storage and security appliance markets. For more information, visit MiTAC’s website at http://www.mic-holdings.com or TYAN’s website at http://www.tyan.com