October 19th, 2018, Taipei, Taiwan – BIOSTAR’s entire lineup of Intel 300 Series motherboards now supports the recently released 9th generation Intel Core processors featuring up to 8-cores, 16-threads Intel Core i9-9900K processors. This includes BIOSTAR Intel 300 series motherboards with chipsets: H310, B360, and Z370. To enable support for the 9th generation Intel Core processors, BIOSTAR Intel 300 Series motherboards users simply need to update the motherboard’s BIOS and Intel ME with the latest version.
Supported by all BIOSTAR Intel 300 Series Motherboards
All BIOSTAR Intel 300 series motherboards can now take advantage of Intel’s latest Coffee Lake processors, this includes high performance gaming motherboards, entry-level models for home and office users, and the crypto-mining BTC series motherboards. This update will enable gamers and content creators to get the most out of their BIOSTAR Intel 300 Series motherboards by upgrading to 9th Generation Intel Core processors. The models include: RACING B360GT3S, RACING B360GT5S, B360MHD PRO, B360MHD PRO2, H310MHD PRO, H310MHD PRO2, B360TH, H310MHC, H310MHC2, RACING Z370GT6, TB360-BTC PRO, and TB360-BTC Expert.
About the 9th Generation Intel Core Processors
The 9th generation Intel Core processors deliver up to 10% better performance on games such as Hitman 2 and World of Tanks over the previous generation Intel CPUs. It also delivers up to 34% performance improvement for video editing All three of the 9th Gen Intel Core processors, i5-9600K, i7-9700K and i9-9900K, enable fast, immersive experience for gamers, with up to 8 cores and 16 threads, up to 5.0 GHz single-core turbo frequency, and 16 MB Intel Smart Cache. The 9th Gen Intel Core desktop processors deliver amazing performance, including unlocked “K” SKUs at each brand level and up to 40 platform PCI-e 3.0 lanes for system expandability for gaming, creating and overclocking.
BIOSTAR Intel 300 Series Motherboards Update BIOS and Intel ME
To update the BIOS and Intel ME version of the BIOSTAR motherboards, select the corresponding link to download the latest BIOS version and Intel ME update files, then follow the instructions.
Make a USB Boot Device
- Install Rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale
- Download the relevant zip files according to your motherboard model.
- Extract the zip file, copy the ME folder and BIOS file to that USB device.
Updating the BIOS
- Power on motherboard and press F12 key during POST screen.
- After POST, it will show a menu for BIOS update.
- Use the BIOS file on the list from left side to update. (It will wait a moment for system to load the BIOS file.)
- Press Y key to flash the BIOS and erase DMI data, then system will update the BIOS automatically.
- After reboot, system will run with new BIOS you just updated.
For further assistance on how to update BIOS using the BIOSTAR BIOS Update Utility, visit https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/support/faq_content.php?S_ID=393
Updating Intel ME
- In the BIOS setup and set the “CSM support” to Enable, then press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Once rebooted press F9 to select USB drive containing the Intel ME update file.
- In Dos mode, type in command to check current ME version
- If the ME version is “220.127.116.1110”, then you are already using the most updated version. If not, please follow the instructions provided in the zip file to update the latest version.
Learn more about the 9th generation Intel Core processors here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/9th-gen-core-desktop-brief.html
BIOS & ME Links
RACING B360GT3S B36AR905.BST
RACING B360GT5S B36CF905.BST
B360MHD PRO B36AR905.BSS
B360MHD PRO2 B36DR905.BSS
H310MHD PRO H31AR906.BSS
H310MHD PRO2 H31FR824.BSS
RACING Z370GT6 Z37BF828.BST
TB360-BTC PRO B36AF906.BSS
TB360-BTC Expert H37AF906.BSS
BIOSTAR, is a brand dedicated to the production of motherboards, graphics cards, industrial computing systems, IoT, and healthcare solution. Since its establishment in 1986, the BIOSTAR GROUP has become a major motherboard supplier in the IT industry as well as in IoT, Internet of Things. In order to pursue the best quality and aesthetic design, BIOSTAR has invested heavily in ID design, equipment, global marketing research as well as R & D. With a constant emphasis on quality, BIOSTAR always seeks to beyond better and race to the future.