TAIPEI, Taiwan – Jul 12, 2017– TYAN®, an industry-leading server platform design manufacturer and subsidiary of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation, has announced their new generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor-based server platforms to the market. The new line-up of HPC, cloud computing and storage server platforms deliver workload-optimized performance, power efficiency, and hardware-enhanced features to enterprise, cloud and hyperscale datacenters.
“Thanks to features such as Intel® AVX-512 extensions, Intel® Omni-Path and Intel® Volume Management Devices, these new Intel Xeon Scalable Processors enable TYAN server platforms to deliver performance, capacity, I/O connectivity and efficiency improvements, and address the needs of existing and emerging HPC, data analytics and security workloads.” said Danny Hsu, Vice President of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation's TYAN Business Unit.
“The Intel Xeon Scalable Processor is built upon an advanced 14nm process technology and offers up to 28 cores, 56 threads, 1.5x memory bandwidth with 6 channels DDR4, and Intel® AVX-512 which can deliver up to 2x more floating-point operations per clock cycle,” said Jennifer Huffstetler, senior director, data center product management, Intel. “For customers refreshing 4-year-old servers, this compelling feature set delivers up to 4.2x more virtualization performance for cloud and enterprise customers and up to 8.2x more floating-point performance for HPC customers. "
High-density HPC Computing Platforms Optimized for Supercomputing and Machine Learning Applications
TYAN’s new HPC computing platforms are based on the Intel Xeon Scalable Processors and are designed for the heavy computing workloads of big data and high performance data analysis applications. The high-density platforms are targeted at the HPC, Machine Learning, and Technical Computing markets.
The FT77D-B7109 is a 4U dual root complex server with two CPU sockets and supports for up to 8 Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessors and 24 DIMM slots. It specializes in massively parallel workloads including scientific computing, genetic sequencing, oil & gas discovery, large scale facial recognition, and cryptography.
TYAN's GA88-B5631 is a fully peer-to-peer single root complex 1U server. Featuring a single Intel Xeon Scalable Processor socket, the platform supports up to 4 Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors and a Full Height / Half Length PCIe x16 card to accommodate a networking adapter speeds up to 100Gb/s such as EDR InfiniBand or 100 Gigabit Ethernet. The platform is ideal for many of today's emerging cognitive computing workloads such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Extreme Performance, Density and Scalability Features for Next-Generation Datacenter, Enterprise and Cloud
Powered by the Intel Xeon Scalable Processor, TYAN’s new range of cloud computing and storage platforms are optimized for data intensive workloads and virtualization applications to deliver extreme performance, density and scalability with power and cost efficiency.
The brand new TN200-B7108-X4S is a dual-socket 2U 4-Node all-flash server platform supports up to 24 2.5” NVMe U.2/SATA drives. Each node gets 8 NVMe drives across 6 PCIe x4 NVME U.2 hot-swap drive bays up front and a pair of internal 2280/22110 NVMe M.2 ports. Each node also has a low profile PCIe x16 slot, a low profile PCIe x8 slot, and an OCP v2.0 LAN Mezzanine slot with support for networking speeds up to 100Gb/s. The platform also has optional support for 100G Intel Omni-Path Fabric. With a cumulative total of 8 CPU sockets, 64 DIMM slots, and 32 NVMe devices across the entire chassis, the TN200-B7108-X4S can support up to 8,192GB total RAM and 8 processors within a single 2U enclosure. This makes it an ideal platform for High Performance Computing workloads and hyper-converged all-flash storage applications.
The 1U GT75B-B7102 features 24 DIMM slots to support extreme memory capacities up to 3,072GB of RAM and is an ideal platform for virtualization and in-memory databases like Apache Ignite. The GT75B-B7102 is a hybrid storage server featuring 10x 2.5" small form factor SATA bays, four of which can support U.2 NVMe drives with an optional upgrade kit. The platform also provides an OCP LAN Mezzanine slot with support for speeds up to 50 Gigabit Ethernet along with a pair of PCIe x16 slots.
TYAN's GT62F-B5630 is a 1U server platform designed for hybrid NVMe/SATA cache data storage with support for up to 8 hot-swap NVMe U.2 drives along with an OCP v2.0 LAN Mezzanine slot which supports networking speeds up to 100Gb/s. The single CPU socket design makes it an ideal platform for workloads that work best within a single NUMA domain and require large amounts of high-speed flash, such as many media streaming applications.
TYAN's 2U TN76-B7102 with support for dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processors, 2x GPUs, 24 DIMM slots, and 12 3.5" hot-swap drive bays is designed for multiple application scenarios including technical computing and virtual machine deployment.
TYAN’s Intel Xeon Scalable Processor Family-based solutions:
HPC& Coprocessor Platforms:
- FT77D-B7109: 4U dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based platform with support for up to 8 Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor modules, 24 DDR4 DIMM slots, and 14 2.5” hot-swap SATA 6Gb/s devices.
- GA88-B5631: 1U single-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based platform with support for up to 4 Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor modules, 12 DDR4 DIMM slots, and 2 2.5” hot-swap SATA 6Gb/s devices
Cloud and Storage Platforms:
- TN200-B7108-X4S: 2U 4-node dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based platform with 16 DDR4 DIMM slots. The 4-node enclosure supports up to 24 2.5” NVMe U.2 or SATA 6Gb/s drives
- GT75B-B7102: 1U dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based platform supports up to 24 DDR4 DIMM slots, 10 2.5” hot-swap SAS 12Gb/s or SATA 6Gb/s devices, and 4 of the bays can support NVMe U.2 drives
- GT62F-B5630: 1U single-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based platform supports up to 12 DDR4 DIMM slots, 10 2.5” hot-swap SAS 12Gb/s or SATA 6Gb/s devices, and 8 of the bays can support NVMe U.2 drives
- TN76-B7102: 2U dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based platform supports up to 24 DDR4 DIMM slots, and 12 3.5” hot-swap SAS 12Gb/s or SATA 6Gb/s devices
Embedded & Server Motherboards:
- S7100: Dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based server board in SSI EEB (12” x 13”) form factor for both mainstream server and workstation applications
- S7106: Dual-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based server board in rack-optimized, EATX (12” x 13”) form factor for 1U/2U server deployment
- S5630: Single-socket Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-based server board in SSI CEB (12” x 10.5”) form factor for server storage deployment
TYAN, as a leading server brand of Mitac Computing Technology Corporation under the MiTAC Group (TSE:3706), designs, manufactures and markets advanced x86 and x86-64 server/workstation board technology, platforms and server solution products. Its products are sold to OEMs, VARs, System Integrators and Resellers worldwide for a wide range of applications. TYAN enables its customers to be technology leaders by providing scalable, highly-integrated, and reliable products for a wide range of applications such as server appliances and solutions for high-performance computing and server/workstation used in markets such as CAD, DCC, E&P and HPC. For more information, visit MiTAC’s website at http://www.mitac.com or TYAN’s website at http://www.tyan.com