From never-before-seen form factors to new user experiences, Lenovo’s innovation history is laden with firsts that have continued to define and re-imagine smart, personalized computing. Today, another breakthrough is on the horizon.
At Accelerate, we’re unveiling a preview and demo of the world’s first foldable PC.1 Made for highly mobile, tech-savvy professionals who demand the best tools, the new foldable PC joins the premium ThinkPad X1 family, promising that the unprecedented portability will in no way compromise productivity and reliability. This is not a phone, tablet, or familiar hybrid; this is a full-fledged laptop with a foldable screen.
We all want access to a large comfortable screen even on the go, but travel can make this inconvenient or impossible. Never mind that remote work increased 140 percent from 2008 to 2016, with more and more employees taking time-sensitive, media-intensive projects with them everywhere. In the past, a 13.3-inch screen on a laptop demanded that the device stay at that same size footprint —not so with this single OLED 2K display made in collaboration with LG Display® that can fold in half and reduce its width by 50 percent. Intel®-powered with Windows®, the foldable ThinkPad can transition with users from day to night:
- Wake up, fold it into a book, and start the day scanning your social media feeds in bed.2
- Walk to your kitchen, unfold it, and stand it up for hands-free viewing of your top news sites.2
- Hit your commute on the bus or train and morph it into a clamshell to catch up on emails.2
- Get into the office, dock it into your multi-monitor setup and get to work.
- Go into meetings, take notes with its pen, and write on a full screen tablet.
- After lunch, set up the stand and use its mechanical keyboard to type out a few work emails.2
- Come home at night, open it up and stream your favorite shows.2
- Relax in bed, fold it in half and enjoy your latest read before going to sleep.
This space-saving ThinkPad combines laptop productivity with smartphone portability to fold into your lifestyle like never before. Stay tuned for full product details and availability in 2020. We can’t wait to show you more.
Discover more at www.lenovo.com/accelerate.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$45 billion Fortune Global 500 company and a global technology leader in driving Intelligent Transformation through smart devices and infrastructure that create the best user experience. Lenovo manufactures one of the world’s widest portfolios of connected products, including smartphones (Motorola), tablets, PCs (ThinkPad, Yoga, Lenovo Legion) and workstations as well as AR/VR devices and smart home/office solutions. Lenovo’s data center solutions (ThinkSystem, ThinkAgile) are creating the capacity and computing power for the connections that are changing business and society. Lenovo works to inspire the difference in everyone and build a smarter future where everyone thrives. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Weibo, read about the latest news via our StoryHub, or visit our website at http://www.lenovo.com.
1 Based on research conducted by Lenovo in May 2019 of laptops sold by major PC manufacturers shipping > 1 million units worldwide annually.
2 Internet access required and not included.