- Four Professional eSports Teams Compete in Dota 2 for $50,000 (~£30,000)
- Five Finalists to Compete for Highest Overclocking Benchmarks
- Kingston to Demo Upcoming DDR4, HyperX and SSD Products
Sunbury-on-Thames, United Kingdom - January 7th, 2014 - Kingston Technology Europe Co LLP, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, will hold the live finals for its Dota 2 and overclocking global contest during the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nev. In addition, Kingston® will showcase exciting new products and technologies coming this year.
Dota 2 is a competitive game of action and strategy, played both professionally and casually by millions of passionate fans worldwide. The HyperX® Dota 2 League tournament began online last October with 16 professional gaming teams from around the world. The four finalists are: Alliance from Sweden, Vici Gaming and LGD Gaming from China, and Fnatic from Europe. The four teams will battle live for 50,000 (~£30,000) in prize money.
The HyperX OC Takeover (HOT) contest began in October in conjunction with HWBOT, the premier informational website for overclockers and performance enthusiasts. Contestants competed to post the highest benchmarks for Maximum Memory Frequency, Super PI, and Intel® XTU in an open online qualifying competition. Five finalists from China, Poland, South Africa, and the U.S. will compete for the spot with components supplied by Kingston and its partners: ASUS, Cooler Master and Intel®. In addition to the $10,000 (~£6,000) in prizes there is a $1,000 (~£600) bonus for anyone who breaks the world record in any of the categories during the finals.
In addition to the two contests, Kingston will demo upcoming products and technologies:
- The LSI SF3700 Flash Controller allows higher performance, reliability and endurance. Kingston will show various form-factor solutions to be released later this year as part of its SSDNow family.
- 384GB of working 2133MT/s DDR4 Registered DIMMs at 1.2v.
- Overclocking small form factor PCs (Intel® NUC, GigabyteTM Brix, and Zotac® ZBOX) using HyperX Plug-n-Play SO-DIMMs.
- High-end HyperX memory will be used to process 4K video technology using Battlefield 4 and video shot from a GoPro® HERO3+ Black Edition camera.
For more information please visit www.kingston.com/en/.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Taiwan, China and sales representatives in the United States, Europe, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine, Australia, India, Taiwan, China, and Latin America. For more information, please call +44 (0)1932 738888 or visit www.kingston.com/europe.