One design, two styles.
Kolink have released their latest editions to the midi-case range, both of which come with identical core designs but each with a customized front panel. The Observatory, which features a very distinctive hexagonal design, is encased with front facing tempered glass panel and back lit with RGB fans. The Stronghold is built with an aluminum effect steel front panel, offering a classic tempered glass case design.
Features of the Kolink Observatory at a glance:
- Case designed for motherboards up to E-ATX
- 4 mm tempered glass side and front panel
- 4x 120 mm RGB fans including controller and remote
- I/O panel with 2x USB 2.0 / 1x USB 3.0 & HD Audio In/Out
- Support for two 240 mm radiators
- 2x 3.5/2.5" drive slots
- Supports installation of graphics cards up to 38 cm long & CPU coolers up to 16 cm in height
Tempered glass side/front panel & four pre-installed RGB fans
The Observatory, which features a very distinctive hexagonal design, is encased with front facing tempered glass panel and back lit with RGB fans. It also includes additional ventilation, located each side of the front panel allowing for better air intake. It's I/O panel is located at the top of the case for easy access, with support for one 3.0 USB slot.
The robust chassis consists of one millimetre strong SECC steel and is equipped with a four millimetre thick tempered glass side and front panel . The interior interior has a black coating and is also kitted out with a shroud for the power supply to ensure an incredible clean look. There is also a hard drive cage with brackets for two 3.5- or 2.5-" drives.
The visual highlights of the case include three 120 mm fans pre-installed in the front and an additional fan in the back. The fans come with 16 individually addressable RGB-LEDs. Their lighting can be controlled by the bundled RGB controller and fan hub which can be placed in a location of your choosing as well as the infrared remote control. This allows you to choose from over 300 dynamic lighting effects! Two further 120 mm fans can be mounted in the top.
Fittings, filters and connections
The motherboard tray and the power supply shroud offer numerous cable openings. A 240 mm radiator can be installed in the front and the top of the Observatory case. The case's air vents come equipped with fine dust filters that are located in the top and underside of the case. These can be removed without the need for tools and even come complete with a smart honeycomb design.
Graphics cards up to 38 cm long and CPU coolers up to 16 cm high are compatible. Furthermore the I/O panel located on the front also comes with two further USB 2.0 connectors as well as a USB 3.0 Type A port. There is also a slot for a USB Type C connection, but this is not included in the case and must be retrofitted separately. The same applies to a switch for controlling the RGB lighting on the I/O panel.
Kolink Stronghold Features at a glance:
- 1 x Front USB 3.0 & 2 x USB2.0 with audio jacks
- Tempered glass side panel for a complete view of your system.
- Aluminium effect steel front panel
- 2 x 12cm Black Fans included, with space for up to 6 x 12cm fans throughout the case.
- Bottom PSU placement.
- Tool free SSD, HDD side installation.
- PSU Shroud for a clean interior.
- Front 240mm space for radiators
Features, component support and front paneling.
The Stronghold has a tempered glass side panel on the left hand side, with an aluminium effect steel front panel for a premium look. There are a pair of 12cm fans included along with dust filters on the top and bottom of the chassis for sufficient airflow. There's also a PSU shroud included for a clean looking interior.
Component support is substantial, with room for up to E-ATX motherboards, 380mm VGA cards, 160mm CPU coolers and 200mm PSU's. There is support for a 240mm radiator in the front of the case. Connectivity is covered, with 1 x USB3.0 & 2 x USB2.0 on the front, along with audio ports.
The Kolink Stronghold manages to offer a premium feeling case with good features and a tempered glass side panel for an unbeatable price!
Available for pre-order at OverclockersUK for £35.99
Kolink Observatory Technical Specifications
- Dimensions: 201 x 435 x 435 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: Steel, tempered glass
- Approx: approx. 6.8 kg
- Colour: Black
- Form Factor: E-ATX (up to 279 mm wide), ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
- Total Possible Fans:
3x 120 mm (Front)
2x 120 mm (Top)
1x 120 mm (Rear)
- Pre-Installed Fans:
3x 120 mm RGB (Front)
1x 120 mm RGB (Rear)
- Radiator Mountings:
1x 240 mm (Front)
1x 240 mm (Top)
- Filter: Top, underneath
- Drive Bays:
2x 3.5/2.5" (internal)
- Power Supply: 1x Standard ATX up to 200 mm (optional)
- Expansion Slots: 7
- I/O Panel:
2x USB 2.0 (internal connection)
1x USB 3.0 (internal connection)
1x Audio In/Out
- Maximum GPU Length: 380 mm
- Maximum CPU Cooler Height: 160 mm
Kolink Stronghold Technical Specifications
- Model: Stronghold Black
- Type: Midi Tower Case
- Colour: Matte Black with brushed aluminium effect front panel.
- Case Material: 0.6mm Steel/Tempered Glass/ABS
- Power Supply Orientation: Bottom
- Motherboard Support: E-ATX/ATX/Micro-ATX/Mini-ITX
- External 5.25" Bays: 0
- Internal 3.5" Bays: 3
- Internal 2.5" Bays: 3
- Expansion Slots: 7
- Front Ports: 1 x USB3.0, 2 x USB2.0, HD-Audio x 1, Mic x 1 - Cooling System: Front - 3 x 120mm Fans (1 x 120mm included), Rear - 1 x 120mm Fan(included), Top - 2 x 120mm (optional)
- Radiator Support: Front - Up to 240mm
- Dimensions: 435 x 201 x 435mm
- Box Dimensions: 491 x 256 x 486mm
- Clearance: VGA - 380mm, CPU Cooler - 160mm, PSU - 200mm
Overclockers UK offers only the best in hardware components and systems. With a close relationship to all major brands in the industry, Overclockers UK manages to offer unique, finely tuned hardware-bundles along with immediate availability of the hottest components to its UK customers. With an extensive range of fully customisable systems, Overclockers UK are able to utilise their extensive know-how of the market and products, to create the fastest high performance systems geared toward the enthusiast user. Further information about Overclockers UK can be found here: www.overclockers.co.uk