If you are browsing Costco UK in the Ultrabooks category you might find something a little unexpected. The members-only cash and carry store includes a full sized F1 racing car simulator under this retailing category on its website. Though it does pack a computer powered by an Intel i7 I don’t think Intel has relaxed the Ultrabook specifications this far.
The full size high end F1™ Style Show Car on offer on the Costco UK website for £89,999.89 inc. VAT (or £74,999.91 exc. VAT) is manufactured by specialist racing car and simulator constructor FMCG International. The sales blurb informs us that FMCG International has been building high end single seater show cars and simulators since 1986. As the item is made to order it can be produced in a shell colour of your own choice. Despite the “add to basket” button on the sales page you have to contact Costco via a special email link to purchase this sport-car simulator.
Firstly looking at the racing car body, the car is made from the same kinds of materials a real F1 racer would be made out of; panels made of composite carbon fibre, magnesium alloy wheel rims, Pirelli tyres, quick-release steering wheel and polished exhausts.
The computer and gaming aspects of this F1 simulator are as follows:
- Computer: Custom “super high end” digital PC with Intel Core i7 processor, Intel SSD, triple head graphics card with display port, 16GB RAM, 1200w PSU, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, wireless keyboard with integral mouse
- Screens: 3 x 23 inch wide TFT Screens (8ms) with super slim bezels, mounted on an adjustable frame
- Speakers: 5.1 digital speaker system, screen towers house main front speakers, with remaining speakers located inside the car. Sub-woofer is positioned at driver’s back “for added effect”
- Steering: Custom made, high use force feedback unit with industrial rollers and motors
- Pedals: High end solution, electronically adjustable (suitable for varying height users)