Press releaseSquare Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that DRAGON QUEST SWORDS: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors for Wii, will be released across all PAL territories in spring 2008.
DRAGON QUEST SWORDS: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, available exclusively on Wii, is an action-packed Virtual Experience where the player becomes the hero of the story. As the hero, the player must use the Wii controller to control their legendary sword, and fight off horde after horde of monsters. Slice at enemies, parry with your shield and block attacks to launch powerful counter-combos.
DRAGON QUEST SWORDS contains all the familiar features people have come to expect from the DRAGON QUEST series, such as a system to power up weapons and the ability to perform a large array of powerful attacks. Additional mini-games add to the fun as you catch darts with your shield and try to defeat Slime monsters as quickly as possible to win bonus items.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “We are delighted to be announcing our first Wii title for PAL territories. The DRAGON QUEST series is a phenomenon in Japan that has already sold over 43 million units worldwide, but is still relatively new to Europe. With today’s announcement of DRAGON QUEST SWORDS and the forthcoming release of DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker on the Nintendo DS™, the series is set to charm more fans throughout the world.”
About DRAGON QUEST SWORDS: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
In the town at the foot of Avalonia Castle, a young man enjoys a peaceful life with his father. That young man is you. It is your sixteenth birthday at last, and time to take the Walk of the Worthy, the trial of strength which all young Avalonian males must undergo upon coming of age.
You will need to put all of your training in the ways of the sword into practice if you are to pass the test, and take your rightful place amongst Avalonia’s warriors. Should you succeed – who knows what adventures await you!
- The first DRAGON QUEST title to be developed exclusively for Wii
- Use the Wii Remote as your legendary sword! Immerse yourself fully in the action as you slice at the enemy!
- Explore a rich, vibrant 3D world in first-person perspective
- Engage a variety of diverse and colourful enemies, who are brought to life with detailed animation and graphics
- Series creator Yuji Horii, legendary manga artist Akira Toriyama and renowned composer Koichi Sugiyama, team up once again to create an unforgettable gaming experience
- Become the hero in a dramatic storyline that is suitable for all
- Beautiful audio score fully immerses you into the world of DRAGON QUEST
- New International version includes revised gameplay offering a more intense and challenging experience
- In-game text is localised into English, French, German, Italian and Spanish