The new app combines the existing Sky Q and Sky Go app features, allowing customers to watch their favourite tear jerkers, nail biting sports matches and gripping dramas, from Sky, ITV, Channel 4 and more in a single, easy-to-use experience, both at home and away.
The app’s new design and features include:
- Simple, one-touch destinations in a new UI including Home, TV Guide, Browse, Downloads and Recordings, helping customers find what they want to watch quickly and easily on any device
- A ‘Browse’ page aggregating content by theme and genre from all channels on Sky Go
- Personalised Sky Cinema recommendations – suggesting movies based on genre, ‘Because you watched’ and, ‘More like this’
- A Recordings page where Sky Q customers can view and control upcoming recordings and series links
- Enhanced accessibility and better navigation features to make it easier for visually impaired customers to use the app. The video player has been improved so that they can now pause and skip the videos. Voiceover lets customers hear a description of everything they click on, font size can be increased without losing functionality and colours can be inverted for greater contrast
The new Sky Go app will be available this summer on iOS, Android, Amazon Fire devices and Amazon app store as well as on PC and MAC. Customers will be able to update their existing app, or download the new version from the Google Play, Apple and Amazon app stores for free.
Sky Mobile customers can also take advantage of unlimited streaming of Sky shows, movies and sports on Sky Go with Sky Mobile Watch, which enables streaming on the go anywhere in the UK and EU, without using any data allowance.
- The new Sky Go app will be rolled out to customers in phases across the summer.
- Recording functionality on the Sky Go app is available to Sky Q Multiscreen customers only. To activate the app’s Recordings feature, customers must connect the app to their Sky Q box.
- To download content on Sky Go, customers must have Sky Go Extra subscription.
- Sky Mobile Watch: the shows, movies and sports Sky Mobile customers can access will depend on their existing Sky TV subscription.
With 24 million customers across seven countries, Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Our 31,000 employees help connect our customers with the very best of Sports, News, the arts and to our own local, original content. Following the success of Sky originals like Chernobyl, Patrick Melrose, Das Boot and Gommorah we launched Sky Studios and now plan to more than double our investment in original drama and comedy over the next five years.
Our technology allows customers to watch what they want, when they want, how they want, and as we connect millions of families to content they love, it is our responsibility to do it safely – that’s why we offer services like Sky Broadband Buddy and the Sky Kids app. And our online streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
We also believe that a company of our scale has a responsibility that goes beyond our business, and into the community. Our Sky Ocean Rescue campaign has reached millions across Europe, we’re on track to be free of single-use plastic by 2020, we’re investing £25million over five years in ocean-saving tech and we’re a proud employer – recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our approach to inclusivity.
For more information on Sky Go content, programmes and accessibility features, go to https://accessibility.sky.com/support-sky-q/