PCs, devices and components maker Asus has uploaded a preliminary product page for its ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC edition. Pictured on the same page is an Asus branded Turbo Model. Asus already has a page detailing its own boxed Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition.
Asus ROG is teasing the twin custom GTX 1080 Ti designs via its Twitter account with a nicely composed promotional picture of the pairing (reproduced above). Following the link we learn about the Strix version of the card. Alongside a photo of the triple fan Strix card Asus ROG picks out the following highlights:
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is the fastest gaming GPU that delivers 35 per cent faster performance than the GeForce GTX 1080.
- MaxContact Technology and 2.5-Slot Width for the coolest and quietest gaming performance.
- Patented Wing-Blade Fan Design with IP5X dust-resistance for longer fan lifespan.
- ASUS FanConnect II for optimal cooling performance.
- Fan Profile Switch instantly change from high-performance to quiet operation.
- Industry Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II delivers premium quality and best reliability.
- ASUS Aura Sync for perfect RGB LED synchronization.
- VR-friendly HDMI ports let you enjoy VR experiences anytime without having to swap cables.
- GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster provides intuitive performance tweaking and real-time streaming.
Unfortunately the specifications tab reveals very little. While the its Founders Edition specs page lists all the usual essentials like CUDA core count, base and boost clocks, memory specs and so on, the ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti specs page is little more than a placeholder. It looks like Asus is waiting for some set date before publishing such detailed information.
AM4 motherboards livestream
In other Asus ROG news the company will be livestreaming an event where AM4 motherboards will be launched and discussed. The YouTube hosted stream starts about 14 hours from now; that's midnight tonight in the UK, or 4pm PST in USA time.