German PC power supply and cooling specialist be quiet! has released its new Shadow Rock LP cooler. This is a low-profile (hence the LP suffix), compact, whisper quiet design aimed at HTPCs or similar SFF PCs. Despite its compact size the cooler is said to provide cooling for processors with TDPs of up to 130 watts and yet perform in a whisper quiet fashion.
The be quiet! Shadow Rock LP cooler achieves its cooling prowess using the following key components:
- A 'Pure Wings 2' 120mm PWM fan with nine airflow-optimized fan blades and durable rifle-bearing
- Four high-performance 6mm heat pipes with aluminium caps
- Low profile heat sink design
- Numerous aluminium fins
The unboxed cooler measures 134 x 122 x 75.4 millimetre (L x W x H) and is designed to be able to fit into many compact case designs which are especially popular with HTPC and living room PC makers. be quiet! sees this cooler being employed in, and as a good match for, low-profile HTPCs, small multimedia configurations or entry-level gaming systems. Finishing off the Shadow Rock LP cooler design is a 'premium aluminium top cover', so the device looks as good as it performs.
An overview of the Shadow Rock LP technical data gives us the following key facts:
- Dimensions, incl. fan (L x W x H) 134 x 122 x 75.4mm
- Weight of 395g
- Fan motor technology, 4-pole
- Fan speed (rpm) @ 100% PWM 1,500
- Noise level (dB(A)) @ 50 / 75 / 100% rpm 14.8 / 18.6 / 25.5
- Airflow (m³/h) ; (cfm) 87 ; 51.4
- Air pressure (mm / H2O) 1.25
The be quiet! Shadow Rock LP is compatible with Intel: 775 / 115X / 1366 / LGA2011 Square ILM, and AMD: AM2(+) / AM3(+) / FM1 / FM2(+) motherboards and comes with the appropriate mounting components and instructions. We are told that mounting can be done without any access to the underside of the motherboard.
This new low profile cooler is available immediately at a suggested retail price of €48.00 (about £35), buyers get a three year warranty.