be quiet! wrote to HEXUS today to inform us about a new CPU cooler that it has launched. The Pure Rock compact CPU cooler is said to be the firm's first 'entry-level' cooler. Despite the keen price tag it integrates "proven be quiet! quality" and one of the newest design quiet 120mm Pure Wings 2 fans.
The be quiet! Pure Rock CPU cooler is said to offer "quiet and effective cooling," for systems requiring up to 130W of heat dissipation. It uses a "silence optimised" high airflow 120mm 9-blade Pure Wings 2 fan which should never produce noise levels beyond 26.8 decibels - even when the fan is spinning at its maximum rotational speed of 1500 rpm. The fan is PWM controlled to vary its speed depending upon the cooling requirement.
This compact cooler utilises four 6mm heat pipes to transfer the heat from a CPU block through a range of aluminium fans through which the 120mm fan blows. Atop of the cooler is a brushed aluminium top cover and 8 heat pipe caps.
be quiet!'s Pure Rock cooler is compatible with all current AMD and Intel sockets. We are told that the mounting system is easily installed from above the motherboard. With its compact dimensions of 155 x 121 x 87.5 millimetres most desktop PC systems will easily fit this cooling accessory in. The RRP of the be quiet! Pure Rock is €32.90.
- Type of cooler: Pure Rock
- Model number: BK009
- Dimensions, incl. fan: (L x W x H in mm) 87.5 x 121 x 155
- Weight, incl. fan (g): 660
- Heat sink material / finish: Aluminum
- Socket compatibility: Intel: 775 / 1150 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011(-3) Square ILM, AMD: AM2(+) / AM3(+) / FM1 / FM2(+)
- Maximum power capacity: (W TDP) 130
- Number of heat pipes / diameter (mm): 4 x 6
- Noise level (dB(A)) @ 600 / 900 / 1,400rpm: 19.1 / 22.1 / 26.8
PWM fan Specifications:
- Fan dimension (mm): 120 x 120 x 25
- Fan motor technology: 4-pole
- Bearing type: Sleeve
- Fan speed (rpm) @ 100% PWM: 1,500
- Noise level (dB(A)) @ 1,400rpm: 26.8
- Airflow (m³/h) ; (cfm): 87 ; 51.4
- Air pressure (mm / H2O): 1.25
- Input current (A): 0.08
- Connector: 4-pin PWM
- Lifespan (h): 80,000
Accessories included: Mounting set for Intel and AMD, Manual (EN, DE, FR, PL, ES, RU)