Mobile World Congress – Barcelona [Hall 7, Booth 7E64, 12th February 2008] – Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is adding a 16GB Class 4 SDHC Flash memory card to give consumers greater storage flexibility and faster speed to optimize use of today’s higher resolution imaging equipment. The new 16GB card is the largest capacity in Kingston’s line of SDHC cards, which include 4- and 8GB SDHC Class 2/4/6 versions.
“Higher resolution digital cameras and increasingly popular HD video camcorders require high capacity memory cards with faster data transfer rates (DTRs) to maximize overall performance of the recording device,” said Kirsty Miller, European Flash Product Marketing Manager, Kingston Technology. “Our new 16GB Class 4 memory card answers the performance needs and expands Kingston’s product line to provide a memory solution for every application.”
Even with today’s high resolution recording devices, a 16GB memory card can store literally thousands of photos and hours of high definition video. For example, the new 16GB SDHC card can capture more than 7,500* images (with a 6MP camera) and more than four hours* of video (for 6Mbps HD Extended recording).
Kingston Technology SDHC memory cards are offered in three different speed classes (2, 4 and 6) with each speed class designation reflecting the minimum sustained DTR. For example, a Class 2 SDHC card has a minimum DTR of 2 megabytes per second, while a Class 6 SDHC card has a minimum DTR of 6 megabytes per second. These cards are the perfect solution for today’s SDHC-compatible devices that run MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and other high quality video compression used by consumer HD and DVD video.
Kingston Technology’s line of SDHC memory cards are backed by a lifetime warranty** and free 24/7 technical support. For more detailed information visit the Kingston Web site at: www.kingston.com/europe.
Features and Specifications:
- Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification version 2.00
- Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
- Compatible: with SDHC host devices; not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers
- File Format: FAT 32
- Reliable: lifetime warranty**
- Simple: as easy as plug-and-play
- Capacities***: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
- Dimensions: 0.94″ x 1.25″ x 0.08″ (24mm x 32 mm x 2.1mm)
- Speed Class Rating:
- Class 2: 2MB/sec. guaranteed minimum data transfer rate
- Class 4: 4MB/sec. guaranteed minimum data transfer rate
- Class 6: 6MB/sec. guaranteed minimum data transfer rate
- Operating Temperature: -13° F to 185° F (-25° C to 85° C)
- Storage Temperature: -40° F to 185° F (-40° C to 85° C)
- Voltage: 3.3V
Kingston Secure Digital High-Capacity Card
Capacity and Description
MSRP (U.S. only).
Class 4 SDHC 16GB
£112.90 (exc. VAT)
* Actual recording quantity and time will vary and may be less, depending upon model, resolution, compression and content.
** 10-year warranty in France, Germany, and Austria.
*** Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information please consult the Kingston Flash memory guide at: www.Kingston.com/flash_memory_guide.