- Lower Capacities Helps with Enterprise Security by Limiting the Amount of Data that can be Transported Outside of Network Firewalls
- Hardware-Based, Full Disk AES 256-Bit Data Encryption in XTS Mode
- New Capacities Join Company’s Other DataTraveler and IronKey USB Flash Drives
Sunbury-on-Thames, UK - 15th August - Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, has added 4GB and 8GB capacity sizes to its family of DataTraveler 2000® encrypted USB Flash drives. The smaller capacities join the existing 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models, and are all FIPS-197 certified. All DataTraveler 2000 drives offer 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption and PIN protection with access through an onboard alphanumeric keypad.
DataTraveler 2000 drives are designed for global security IT professionals, small-to-medium businesses and corporate end users who require data protection in a USB. As the drives are OS independent (compatible with any device with a USB 2.0 or USB 3.1 Gen 1 port), they are easily deployable in work environments where multiple devices and operating systems are in use. Each drive is protected with 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption and no software or hardware drivers are needed.
“Lower capacity drives limit the amount of data that can be copied off a network, making it more difficult for large amounts of sensitive data to be transferred to unauthorised parties” said Valentina Vitolo, Flash Business Manager, Kingston®. “Since most data leaks are the result of employees or others who have authorised access to an organisation’s network, the less data that can be copied, the less that can be leaked.”
DataTraveler 2000 features an alphanumeric keypad which allows users to lock the drive with a word or number combination for easy-to-use PIN protection. A full-drive reset (whereby the existing data is deleted and a new password is required) occurs after 10 invalid login attempts to lessen a brute force intrusion. For additional security, an auto-lock feature is activated when the drive is removed from the host device if not properly shut down before ejection.
Kingston – A Drive to Suit Everyone’s Needs
With the addition of 4GB and 8GB capacity sizes to the DataTraveler 2000 line, Kingston has a broad range of solutions designed for the highest levels of government use to enterprises and organisations of all sizes:
- IronKey™ S1000 (Standard or Managed) – the ultimate security encrypted USB Flash drive – is designed specifically to meet the strictest standards and most demanding data-protection needs of sensitive military, government and enterprise information. Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- IronKey D300 (Standard or Managed) – includes an advanced level of encryption and tamper-evident security that builds on the features that make IronKey so well-respected in safeguarding sensitive information. Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- DataTraveler 4000G2 (Managed) – offers affordable business-grade security to safeguard 100-percent of confidential data. Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- DataTraveler Vault Privacy (Standard or Managed) – provides affordable business-grade security, protecting 100-percent of data stored; also available with optional anti-virus. Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
IronKey From Kingston
Since early 2016, Kingston has been the proud owner of the entire USB technology and assets of IronKey, a long-time leading brand in encrypted USB Flash drive solutions. Kingston continues the IronKey brand and tradition of delivering FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified solutions to customers who need the highest level of encryption and security. With the IronKey brand, Kingston demonstrates its commitment as the global leader in trusted encrypted solutions for mobile data.
Customer Service Guaranteed
The DataTraveler 2000, as well as the rest of Kingston’s full line of encrypted DataTraveler and IronKey USBs, is backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please call +44 (0)1932 738888 or visit www.kingston.com