London, UK, 20 October 2008 – Buffalo Technology has enhanced its NFINITI range of wireless-N products with the launch of its first router designed to draft 2.0 802.11n specifications. The NFINITI Wireless-N Router & Access Point [WHR-G300N] provides a cost-effective way for consumers to upgrade their home wireless connection and take advantage of high performance and long range attributes over a 2.4GHz frequency.
The router is ideal for streaming high-definition films, music and emailing simultaneously from multiple PCs. It also comes complete with one touch security set-up, via the AirStation One-Touch Secure System (AOSS) and Wi-Fi Protected Set-up (WPS). The router is easy to use and multiple SSID support offers multi-level security options, providing peace of mind when streaming content.
As well as the new specifications, the router has also undergone a design upgrade, boasting a compact chassis and internal antennas. The unit can also stand horizontally, vertically or be mounted on a wall, to fit in easily with any home environment.
Other key features and benefits include:
- Fast performance of up to 300Mbps
- Four built-in Ethernet ports for connection to up to four wired devices simultaneously
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) options and QoS settings for prioritisation of data.
- Set-up wizard and intuitive web interface for ease of use
- Simple switch on chassis to enable hassle-free change from router to access point
- Supports LLTD for Windows Vista, to indicate connection status and enable simple trouble-shooting
- DeMilitarized Zone (DMZ) to allow a client to work without a firewall.
- Port forwarding to enable networked gaming or using other software, by opening a port in the router’s firewall
Paul Hudson, Northern European Sales Director at Buffalo Technology, comments: “Consumers are no longer content with the standard router offerings from their ISP and are becoming a lot more savvy when it comes to the different options available for enhanced streaming and performance. Our new offering is designed to provide an affordable and easy way for users to upgrade their home connection to wireless-N, providing much better coverage than a standard wireless-G connection.”
The NFINITI Wireless-N Router & Access Point WHR-G300N (which replaces Buffalo’s WZR2-G300N) is backed by a limited two-year warranty and is available immediately from Insight, Dabs.com, Broadband Buyer, Broadband Stuff and E-Buyer at an estimated street price of £29.99 (inc. VAT).
Please note: Buffalo is constantly reviewing and revising the prices of all its products in line with market demand. For the latest pricing please contact Berkeley PR at email@example.com / 0118 988 2992.