Milton Keynes, United Kingdom — 29 November 2018 — Synology Inc. today launched DiskStation DS1819+, an 8-bay desktop NAS providing outstanding performance with great expandability, ready to grow as your business thrives.
"This is a compact NAS with an expandable design that can be an ideal investment for small to medium-sized businesses, especially when capable of hosting versatile applications." Said Kevin Meng, product manager of Synology Inc. "As an updated 8-bay desktop NAS in the Plus family, DS1819+ provides a performance increase of over 57% in sequential reading compared to its predecessor, making it more than capable of being just a file server or backup target to satisfy various business requirements with its all-inclusive built-in applications."
A Scalable Storage Server with Outstanding Performance
DS1819+ incorporates the advanced technologies of Intel's new generation Atom processor, providing superior performance with great expandability, allowing the seamless expansion and upgrade to satisfy your growing business needs.
- Processor: Intel C3538 quad-core, 2.1 GHz
- Memory: 4GB DDR4 pre-installed, upgradable up to 32GB
- Storage: up to 216TB raw capacity with two expansion units
- Performance: delivering sequential throughput at over 2,045 MB/s reading and 656 MB/s writing
Fulfills Intensive Workload with PCIe Expansion
DS1819+ comes with four Gigabit Ethernet ports and one PCIe expansion slot, providing great configuration flexibility and can satisfy your intensive workload demand.
- Supports 10GbE add-on card: to break through the data transmission bandwidth.
- Supports M.2 SSD adapter card: to boost random IOPS with M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD cache.
- Built-in four Gigabit Ethernet ports: support failover and Link Aggregation.