Bracknell, UK, Sept. 15, 2016 – Dell today announced new XPS and Inspiron laptops that deliver some of the best visual experiences with InfinityEdge screens and vibrant graphics for writing the first chapter of your future career, learning about a country you’ve never been to, binge-watching your favourite TV programme and more. With multiple sizes, colours and configurations, Dell’s new PC line-up has every individual, student and family covered for their entertainment, computing and content creation needs.
“At Dell, we’re constantly striving to provide the best viewing experience for all of our customers - no matter which line of products they choose,” says Ray Wah, senior vice president, Dell Consumer Product Marketing. “The latest additions to the XPS and Inspiron lines with industry leading InfinityEdge displays blend performance and portability and deliver the viewing experience Dell is renowned for.”
The new line-up of Dell laptops includes:
XPS 13 – World’s Smallest 13-inch Laptop with Ultimate Viewing Experience
Designed and built for premium performance, mobility and visual fidelity, the new XPS 13 is still the smallest 13-inch laptop on the planet with a virtually borderless InfinityEdge display, and now offers even more power, better battery life and a stylish new Rose Gold colour in addition to Silver. Features include:
- New beautiful Rose Gold colour
- New powerful 7th Generation Intel Core processors
- New larger 60WHr battery delivering longer battery life, up to 22 hours on FHD and up to 13 hours1 on QHD+
- New Killer 1535 Wireless-AC technology for strong and reliable WiFi connection
- Dell’s exclusive virtually borderless and premium Full HD or UltraSharp QHD+ InfinityEdge display
- Stunning 13.3-inch screen in an 11-inch frame
- Smallest 13-inch notebook on the planet and 17 percent smaller than the comparable MacBook Air 13-inch2. Starting at 2.7lb and measuring a super slim 9-15mm
- Machined aluminium, carbon fibre and Corning Gorilla Glass for incredible durability and stunning design
Inspiron 15 7000 Laptop - Sleek and Thin Design with InfinityEdge Display
The new Inspiron 15 7000 laptop takes a page out of the XPS design book with a virtually borderless InfinityEdge display and diamond-cut edges paired with an FHD display. Blending style, strength and mobility, the new Inspiron 7000 notebook offers a wealth of features including:
- Sleek, brushed aluminium design with InfinityEdge Full HD resolution IPS wide viewing angle display for a better viewing experience
- The latest 7th Gen Intel processors with NVIDIA GeForce 940MX discrete GPU with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
- Solid State Drive (SSD) with 256GB capacity, with backlit keyboard and 802.11ac wireless
- Ultra-mobility with battery life of up to 9 hours 54 minutes and weights starting at 4.4 lbs
- Standard HD webcam
Inspiron 15 & 17 5000 Laptops – Brilliant Colours and Features to Fit Your Style
Designed to deliver exceptional value, the Inspiron 15 5000 is perfect for individuals and families who share a PC, while the Inspiron 17 5000 is a great desktop replacement, reducing the clutter of a stationary setup and allowing you to take your projects or entertainment on the go. Features include:
- New thinner design for portability and an array of fun colours3 including Sparkling White, Midnight Blue, Fog Night, Matte Grey, Black, Bali Blue, Tango Red and Cosmic Purple
- Vibrant, optional FHD display for beautiful graphics with optional touch on 15-inch version
- TrueColor4 makes images and video up to twice as more vibrant and more realistic
- Optional infrared camera with Windows Hello lets you log in with just a look (15-inch FHD touch configuration only)
- DVD drive for extra storage and watching videos
- Fast, responsive performance with up to the latest Intel 7th Gen Core i7 processors, roomy storage and optional discrete graphics
Protect your technology no matter where your adventures take you with Dell Premium Support, Dell’s service for consumer PCs that gives customers proactive automated support for both hardware and software. Dell is the first and only company to combine proactive automated support with 24/7 access to expert technicians, on-site service after remote diagnosis, and support for both hardware and software issues.5
Pricing and Availability
- XPS 13 is available in the UK today at £1329
- Inspiron 15 7000 is available in the UK starting September 29th at £799
- Inspiron 15 and 17 5000 are available in the UK starting September 29th at £549 and £599 respectively
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.co.uk.
1 Based on testing using the Mobile Mark 2014 battery life benchmark test. For more information about this benchmark test, visit www.bapco.com. Actual battery life may be significantly less than the test results and varies depending on product configuration and use, software, usage, operating conditions, power management settings and other factors. Maximum battery life will decrease with time.
2 Based on Principled Technologies Report of August 2016, the smallest refers to total surface are of the notebooks. Full report found here. http://www.principledtechnologies.com/Dell/XPS_13_9360_comparison_0916.pdf
3 Colour availability will vary. See website for availability in your area.
4 Intel® versions only
5 Based on a Dell analysis dated April 2016. Some Premium Support features are not available on all products. In EMEA, English only support after business hours. Remote diagnosis is determination by online/phone technician of cause of issue. If issue is not resolved remotely, technician and/or part will be dispatched. Onsite response times may vary depending on product’s geographical location. See Dell.com/servicecontracts.