Morrisville, NC – February 24, 2020 - Lenovo announced today the latest additions to the ThinkPad portfolio: the new T series, X series and L series are built leveraging the core tenets of design, innovation and quality. Focused on providing a broad customer choice and a smarter workforce experience, the updated ThinkPad portfolio delivers modern IT solutions with emerging technology features to meet the needs and desires of end users. Innovations across the range include Modern Standby, Wake on Voice, WiFi 6, Dolby Audio™ Speaker System and Dolby Vision®, plus customers can optimize select models with either 10th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro® processors1 or the next generation AMD RyzenTM 4000 PRO Mobile processors2. Lenovo will be the first PC vendor to offer the AMD Ryzen™ PRO 4000 Mobile processors3.
These latest models reinforce Lenovo’s strategy to deliver Smarter Technology for All by evolving PC technology that delivers real value. Enhanced end user experience is provided by innovative features:
- Modern Standby4 offers a smartphone-like always-on, always-connected4 experience where the system remains connected on low power and continues to sync. Fast resume times gets users fully productive quickly and Wake on Voice4 can simplify that process further.
- WiFi 65 and up to CAT 16 WWAN6 provide super-fast connectivity options to reduce download times and ensure efficient cloud collaboration, virtually anywhere. WiFi 6 is designed to maintain optimum connection speeds on saturated wireless networks and new WPA3 security protocol makes it even harder for cybercriminals to crack passwords.
- New unified communications function keys enable rapid answer and hang up of calls.
- Premium UHD, OLED and Dolby Vision display options7 deliver brilliant visuals, and Dolby Audio Speaker System on ThinkPad T and X series or Dolby Audio on L series offer enhanced audio experiences.
- ThinkShield security solutions continue to be an integral part of ThinkPad laptops with optional PrivacyGuard ePrivacy display and PrivacyAlert on models with an IR Camera8. ThinkShutter webcam protection and fingerprint readers are also available on all models.
ThinkPad Laptops are Built to Last
A ThinkPad would not be a ThinkPad without the rigorous Mil-Spec testing9 and critical quality control criteria. Over the past fifteen years, ThinkPad has improved quality by 73% despite shipping 4.5 times more systems per year10. Lenovo continues to excel in this space supporting 22 Mil-Spec procedures9and remains focused on quality and reliability innovations, such as Low Temperature Solder process, now entering its third year of implementation.
Premium Business Workhorse – ThinkPad T14, T14s and T15
The most successful ThinkPad series ever, the T series is the mainstay of the ThinkPad portfolio. The 14 and 15-inch models are available with Windows 10 Pro and powered by 10th Gen Intel Core vPro processors1, or AMD Ryzen™ PRO 4000 Mobile processors can be configured on ThinkPad T14s and T14. The latest models include all the innovations users would expect from a premium workhorse laptop. Modern Standby, Wake on Voice, Dolby Audio Speaker System and brighter displays with optional Dolby Vision7 support all contribute to a unique end user experience. Add state-of-the-art connectivity with WiFi 6 and optional CAT 16 WWAN6, that unique experience extends far beyond the office.
Premium Mobile Workhorse - ThinkPad X13 and X13 Yoga
Designed to echo the features of the T series in a smaller more portable package, the latest X series includes many smart PC innovations. Both X13 and X13 Yoga can be configured with an FHD 500 nit PrivacyGuard ePrivacy display with PrivacyAlert8 that helps protect users from over the shoulder glances and the X13 Yoga includes Dolby Audio Speaker System and an option for a vivid UHD OLED display with Dolby Vision. ThinkPad X13 Yoga and X13 ships with 10th Gen Intel Core vPro processors. ThinkPad X13 is also available with AMD Ryzen™ PRO 4000 Mobile processors.
Efficient Productivity for any Business – ThinkPad L14, L15, L13 and L13 Yoga
Business users who seek the attributes of ThinkPad and need value-driven productivity should consider the ThinkPad L series. Redesigned to be thinner and lighter across the board, the new L series provide the features that users need to be efficient. WiFi 65 and optional CAT 9 WWAN6 provide the connection speeds for seamless cloud-based collaboration. New rapid-access unified communications functions keys on ThinkPad L14 and L15 make it easy to join or leave meetings. Dolby Audio and brighter optional on-cell touch displays offer an improved interactive experience while users can enjoy the familiarity of Windows 10 Pro with the convenience of a fingerprint reader support by Windows Hello. ThinkPad L14 and L15 are available with either 10th Gen Intel Core vPro processors1 or AMD Ryzen™ PRO 4000 Mobile processors.
Easing the Support Burden
Lenovo Premier Support is an advanced-level PC support solution designed to meet the demands of our commercial customers. This white-glove service allows our business customers to offload their routine IT support tasks to Lenovo’s dedicated team of technicians, freeing up their own staff to focus on other strategic initiatives and boosting end-user productivity by resolving issues faster. Premier Support is available 24x7 every day of the year in 100+ markets, offering comprehensive hardware and software support, direct access to elite technicians with unscripted solutions, and simplified end-to-end case management with a single point of contact.
Pricing and Availability11:
ThinkPad T14 will be available from 2Q 2020, with an expected starting price of £1050.
ThinkPad T14s will be available from 2Q 2020, with an expected starting price of £1175.
ThinkPad T15 will be available from 2Q 2020, with an expected starting price of £1050.
ThinkPad X13 will be available from 2Q 2020, with an expected starting price of £1120.
ThinkPad X13 Yoga will be available from 2Q 2020, with an expected starting price of £1165.
ThinkPad L13 will be available from 2Q 2020, with an expected starting price of £730.
ThinkPad L13 Yoga will be available from 2Q 2020, with an expected starting price of £825.
ThinkPad L14 will be available from 2Q 2020, with an expected starting price of £815.
ThinkPad L15 will be available from 2Q 2020, with an expected starting price of £815.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$45 billion Fortune Global 500 company and a global technology leader in driving Intelligent Transformation through smart devices and infrastructure that create the best user experience. Lenovo manufactures one of the world’s widest portfolios of connected products, including smartphones (Motorola), tablets, PCs (ThinkPad, Yoga, Lenovo Legion) and workstations as well as AR/VR devices and smart home/office solutions. Lenovo’s data center solutions (ThinkSystem, ThinkAgile) are creating the capacity and computing power for the connections that are changing business and society. Lenovo works to inspire the difference in everyone and build a smarter future where everyone thrives. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Weibo, read about the latest news via our StoryHub, or visit our website at http://www. lenovo.com.
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processors with vPro® will be available later in 2020.
- AMD Ryzen™ 4000 PRO Mobile Processors are optional on ThinkPad T14s and T14 series models, ThinkPad X13 and ThinkPad L14 and L15 models
- Based on information provided by AMD in February 2020 of laptops sold by major PC manufacturers shipping > 1 million units worldwide annually.
- Modern Standby is available on all ThinkPad T and X series models. Wake on Voice is optional on ThinkPad T series and X series. Always-on, always-connected may require separately purchased Wi-Fi or WWAN connectivity. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
- WiFi 6 is available on all ThinkPad models
- CAT 16 WWAN is optional on all ThinkPad T and X series with Intel processors. CAT 9 WWAN is optional on ThinkPad L14 and L15
- A UHD OLED display with Dolby Vision support is optional on ThinkPad X13 Yoga. A UHD display with Dolby Vision support is optional on all ThinkPad T series with Intel processors
- PrivacyGuard ePrivacy is optional on ThinkPad T14s, T14 and X series models. PrivacyAlert is available on all ThinkPad models with optional IR Camera
- Mil-Spec testing standards provided by US Department of Defense – Lenovo conducts 12 Mil-STD 810G methods with 22 procedures
- Lenovo internal estimates on repair actions and shipment volumes
- Prices may not include tax and do not include shipping or options and are subject to change without notice; additional terms and conditions apply. Reseller prices may vary. On-shelf dates and color options may vary by geography and products may only be available in selected markets. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings, features and specifications at any time without notice