LONDON, October 4, 2017 – HP Inc. today unveiled new innovations to its premium consumer line-up with the next generation HP Spectre 13 and HP Spectre x360 13 laptops. The new products – featuring the latest generation processors, longer battery life and brilliant displays in sleeker, more angular designs - are the latest in a series of moves that have fueled HP’s growth in the premium PC market.
The second generation Spectre 13 – now the world’s thinnest touch laptop1 – empowers users to work without constraints and enjoy entertainment with a 4K display2 and louder audio in a sophisticated device powered by 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors quad-core device3.
HP’s award-winning Spectre x360 laptop now offers the world’s longest battery life in a quad-core convertible4 without compromising on style and durability.
“HP is delivering the world’s thinnest touch laptops, while setting new industry standards for battery life, security and design,” said Anne-Sophie Hadberg, head of Consumer Personal Systems EMEA, HP Inc. “Our Spectre portfolio is redefining the premium PC segment, providing unique user experiences that will inspire creativity and unlock limitless opportunities to bring incredible ideas to life.”
“HP continues to exceed my expectations by delivering impressive premium laptops with features that matter to consumers – performance, design and battery life,” said Patrick Moorhead, president & principal analyst, Moor Insights & Strategy. “The newest Spectre laptops further demonstrate how the company is finding new and exciting ways to drive momentum in the premium PC market.”
The amazingly thin HP Spectre 13 does not compromise on premium features such as 4K displays2, thin bezels and performance. Specific features include:
- Premium contoured design: Built from CNC aluminum and carbon fiber, it is offered in Ceramic White with Pale Gold polished accents featuring micro-edge bezels with Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT displays in up to 4K high resolution2.
- Sensory experience: Speakers are placed above the full-size edge-to-edge backlit keyboard for clear and crisp sound and a comfortable typing experience.
- Built for productivity: Fast performance with the latest 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors3, store content with room to spare with up to 1TB PCIe SSD9, and multitask with speed with memory up to 16 GB LPDDR3.
- More battery power per millimeter: Up to 11.5 hours of battery life5 and charging from zero percent battery life to 50 percent on a 30 minute charge with HP Fast Charge technology6.
- Windows Hello is now added to the Spectre 13 across EMEA.
- In the UK, the new Spectre 13 will only come with a stunning UHD/4K display.
The redesigned HP Spectre x360 transforms between a laptop and a tablet while delivering quad-core performance, and battery life up to 16.5 hours5. Specific features include:
- Refined iconic design: The sculpted CNC machined aluminum body with angular lines is offered in Ash Copper accents and a Pale Rose Gold Limited Edition.
- Brilliant Display: Micro-edge bezels with durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT 13-inch diagonal displays in up to 4K high resolution2 offer exceptional viewing experiences.
- Thin but mighty: Creators and multitaskers will be delighted by the optimized thermals, performance brought by the latest 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors3, memory up to 16 GB LPDDR3 and options up 1TB PCIe SSD9 to store artwork, precious memories, and entertainment.
- Security and ease: Safety features include a fingerprint reader located on the side for easy access.
- Versatile canvas: The Windows Ink Certified8 pen delivers a more natural drawing and writing experience with simultaneous pen and touch. With tilt, the pen is pressure sensitive for precise inking in any mode. Under the pen is an integrated USB-C™ rechargeable battery, 15 seconds of charging gives the user up to 198 minutes of use10.
- Windows Hello remains a feature on all Spectre x360s across EMEA, including HP Wide Vision FHD IR camera to login with facial recognition
- In the UK, the new Spectre x360 13 will only come with a stunning UHD/4K display.
Spectre Pricing and Availability11
- The HP Spectre 13 Laptop will be available in the UK from November from Currys PC World, John Lewis and HP Store
o Intel Core i5-8250U / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD / UHD £1399.99 SRP
o Intel Core i7-8550U / 8GB RAM / 512GB SSD / UHD £1599.99 SRP
- The HP Spectre x360 13 will be available in the UK from November from Currys PC World, John Lewis and HP Store
o Intel Core i5-8250U / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD / UHD £1299.99 SRP
o Intel Core i7-8550U / 8GB RAM / 512GB SSD / UHD £1499.99 SRP
o Intel Core i7-8550U / 16GB RAM / 1TB SSD / UHD £1799.99 SRP
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
- Based on vendors shipping > 1 million units worldwide annually with clamshell design, Windows or OSX, measured at z-height as of 9/15/17.
- World’s thinnest claim
- 4K Ultra High-definition (HD) content required to view 4K Ultra HD images.
- Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Up to 16.45 hours requires laptop configured with Intel® Core™ i5-825OU processor with Intel Graphics 620, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD, 13.3” diagonal FHD (1920x1080) display, Windows 10 Home RS2. Windows 10 MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Windows 10/ MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
- Recharges your battery up to 50% within 30 minutes when the system is off (using “shut down” command). Recommended for use with the HP adapter provided with the notebook, not recommended with a smaller capacity battery charger. After charging has reached 50% capacity, charging speed will return to normal speed. Charging time may vary +/-10% due to System tolerance. Available on select HP Spectre x360, HP Spectre and HP x2 PC models. See http://store.hp.com for a full list of product features.
- FHD content required to view full FHD images.
- Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com. Some features including inking require more advanced hardware. See www.windows.com. Apps sold separately.
- For solid state drives, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
- Based on internal testing without the tilt feature activated and with Bluetooth turned off during charging and usage. Actual battery life will vary with use and environmental conditions, and will naturally decrease with time and usage
- Estimated street prices. Actual prices may vary..