ROG G20 desktop wins Best Choice of the Year Award and Best Choice Golden Award, ASUS products collect 22 Best Choice and d&i Awards in total
Computex, Taipei, Taiwan (3rd June, 2014) - ASUS today announced that the ROG G20 desktop, S1 Mobile LED Projector and PadFone S (PF500KL) were winners of the Best Choice Award at Computex 2014. ROG G20 was also the winner of a Best Choice Golden Award and went on to win the Best Choice of the Year Award, the top prize at Computex awarded to only one product. An additional 17 products were winners of the Computex d&i (design and innovation) Award. ASUS was the biggest award winner overall at Computex with a total of 22 awards.
Vice President of Taiwan Wu Den-yih commended ASUS for outstanding contributions to design and technology as he handed the Best Choice of the Year award to ASUS Vice President Jonathan Tsang. "ASUS is passionate about technology and driven by innovation," said Tsang. "This passion will continue to be our driving force to create an effortless and joyful digital life for everyone."
The Best Choice Awards were hosted by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) and award winners were selected by marketability and uniqueness. The Computex d&i Awards were hosted by TAITRA and iF Design, a top international authority on industrial design. ASUS was recognized for notable achievements in all award categories and for developing creative products that positively impact people's lives.
Computex Best Choice Award winners
- ROG G20 received the exclusive Best Choice of the Year Award and a Computex Best Choice Golden Award. ROG G20 is a small form-factor gaming desktop that sets a new standard in power and beauty. It is powered by an Intel® CoreTM i7 processor and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTXTM 780 graphics card, and features a sophisticated chassis design with beautiful lighting effects that can display 8 million colors. ROG G20 is as energy-efficient as it is powerful, requiring only 20W in Eco Energy Mode. Its innovative cooling system has no visible exhaust vents and features a hidden airflow tunnel that ensures efficient heat management and near-silent operation, measuring just 25dB at idle.
- S1 Mobile LED Projector is a light (342g), ultraportable and compact LED projector that features an internal rechargeable 22Wh battery which delivers up to 3 hours of projection time, and allows the S1 to function as a 6000mAh power bank for charging mobile devices. A best-in-class short throw ratio allows the S1 to project 41-inch images at just 1 meter from the screen. ASUS SonicMaster audio provides high-quality sound, while the MHL port lets users connect the S1 to mobile devices as a projection source while charging them at the same time.
- PadFone S is a 5-inch Full HD smartphone with blazingly-fast Long Term Evolution-Advanced (LTE-Advanced) and VoLTE connectivity that seamlessly transforms into a 9-inch Full HD tablet. PadFone S has a 13-megapixel PixelMaster camera that excels at capturing crisp, vivid photos no matter the subject or lighting. Qi wireless charging support reduces desktop clutter by eliminating the need for power cables and adapters.
Computex d&i Award winners
- ZenFone 5 incorporates beautiful design, high-quality materials and the seamless functionality of ASUS ZenUI to bring empowering luxury to users. It features a spacious 5-inch HD IPS+ display that can even be used while wearing gloves. Its stunning design tapers to just 5.5mm at its thinnest edge. ZenFone 5 is available in Charcoal Black, Pearl White, Cherry Red, Champagne Gold and Twilight Purple colors.
- ZenFone 6 offers a fantastic 6-inch HD IPS+ display complemented by SonicMaster audio technology to deliver immersive entertainment experiences. It is equipped with a powerful 13-megapixel PixelMaster camera for clear, high-resolution photos. ZenFone 6 is available in Charcoal Black, Pearl White, Cherry Red and Champagne Gold colors.
- ROG GK2000 Gaming Keyboard features advanced mechanical switch technology for ultra-responsive, tactile keys, and has dedicated volume and play/pause multimedia hotkeys and a track selection wheel. LED-illuminated keys are fantastic for low-light gaming environments.
- PW100 Wireless Charging Stand is a convenient and simple wireless charging solution. With support for Qi, the global standard in wireless charging, a wide range of smartphones and tablets are compatible with ASUS PW100. The stand features an elegant and compact pyramidal design, and has an easy-to-read LED charging indicator.
- EB50N NearField Headset provides a hands-free solution for making calls and enjoying music while on the go. Near Field Communications (NFC) allows instant one-touch pairing with up to two devices, and Bluetooth 4.0 with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) delivers great sound quality while being power-efficient.
- TransKeyboard is a thin and light Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard that is compatible with Windows and Android tablets with up to 10-inch screens. Its flexible, folding design lets the TransKeyboard transform into a stand that holds the tablet at the perfect angle for typing. Magnets securely fasten the TransKeyboard to the tablet and its soft, microfiber lining protects against scratches.
- ZenFone View Flip Cover is a stylish way to protect ZenFone from scratches, scrapes and dents. Available in three vibrant colors, ZenFone View Flip Cover is a perfect companion to for ZenFone's stylish design. Inside, a soft layer of microfiber cloth protects ZenFone's screen. Its unique front window presents important information such as incoming calls, messages and time at a glance without having to open the case. Calls can be answered simply by opening the cover or tapping the screen through the window.
- ASUS Transformer Book T100 is a 10.1-inch ultraportable with a sleek design and durable finish. Transformer Book T100 is not only one of the lightest ultraportables currently available at just 1.07kg, but also one of the lightest 10-inch tablets around, at 550g. It features the new Intel AtomTM Bay Trail-T quad-core processor for smooth multi-tasking performance and incredible energy efficiency that can last up to 11 hours on battery power. Transformer Book T100 comes pre-installed with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 with full versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote, the perfect productivity solution for both school and work.
- ASUS Zenbook UX301/302/303 are UltrabookTM laptops that feature premium design and powerful performance. UX301/UX302 are the world's first Ultrabook designs with screens protected by durable and scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3. The brilliant 13.3-inch displays boast up to 2560 x 1440 WQHD resolution for a crisp, supremely detailed image. UX303 has an extraordinary 3200 x 1800 QHD+ resolution IPS display for even crisper detail. UX303 is powered by a 4th-generation Intel Core processor and has an NVIDIA GeForce 840M+ GPU for amazing graphics performance.
- ASUS N551/N751 Series notebooks incorporate a durable design and stylish spun-metal finish that impart an elegant look and feel. N551/N751 feature incredibly sharp IPS touchscreen displays with up to 4K/UHD resolution and generous 178-degree viewing angles for incredible visuals. SonicMaster Premium incorporates ICEpower®, Bang & Olufsen technology to deliver cinematic surround realism. Up to 4th-generation Intel Core i7 processors with gaming-grade NVIDIA GeForce GTXTM series graphics provide high-performance for both work and play.
- ASUS P2B Battery-powered Portable LED Projector is a compact projector with a bright 350 lumens, 30,000 hours lifespan Eco-LED light source and a best-in-class short throw lens that projects a 42-inch image at just one meter. VGA and HDMI video inputs give maximum flexibility for projection sources, while the MHL input also charges connected MHL-enabled smartphones and tablets when projecting. The P2B also features a microSD card slot and a USB port for PC-free projection.
- ASUS MB168+ Portable USB-powered Monitor is a 15.6-inch companion Full HD display for laptops and desktop PCs; with both power and video signals supplied over a standard USB 3.0 cable. The slim 8mm profile and 800g weight of the MB168+ makes it the world's slimmest and lightest companion display and features a Zen-inspired spun-metal finish. ASUS MB168+ senses its orientation and switches the display between landscape and portrait automatically. It comes with a protective ASUS Smart Case that doubles as a two-way adjustable stand.
- ROG SWIFT PG278Q Gaming Monitor is a stunning premium 27-inch gaming monitor that is the first and fastest in the world to support NVIDIA G-SYNCTM technology for stunning smoothness, and crisp 2560 × 1440-pixel (WQHD) resolution visuals. Tearing, graphics stutter and latency will be a thing of the past, and a smooth visual experience is ensured by a rapid refresh rate of 144Hz and a fast 1ms response time. An exclusive dedicated turbo key allows users to select refresh rates of 60Hz, 120Hz, or 144Hz with just one click without going through the OSD setting. It is also designed for comfort and simplicity, with ergonomic tilt, swivel, pivot and height-adjustment features.
- Fonepad 7 (FE375CG) is a 7-inch phablet with built-in 3G phone functionality and dual-SIM, dual-standby capability for the flexibility of having two separate 3G connections on a single device. Its 7-inch display is surrounded by a narrow 7.25mm bezel for a maximum viewing area while still being easy to hold in one hand. The display is complemented by dual front speakers that provide rich, immersive sound. Fonepad 7 (FE375CG) is powered by a 64-bit Intel Atom Z3560 1.8GHz quad-core processor for powerful performance when running the latest apps and games.
- Z97-DELUXE is a motherboard boasting comprehensive features for users looking to create a high-performance PC, a potent gaming rig or a multimedia entertainment center. Its exclusive 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5 offers simple system control and optimization. Crystal Sound 2 and Turbo LAN deliver flawless audio and reduce lag to improve the gaming experience. ASUS HomeCloud turns the PC's hard drive into a private cloud and allows users to wake and access the entire contents of a PC remotely, stream multimedia content to any suitable device, and manage content from anywhere - no matter where it's stored.
- NFC EXPRESS 2 and Wireless Charger are two accessories that add convenience and powerful features to smart devices such as smartphones and tablets. NFC Express 2 lets users interact with their PC with a simple tap of their NFC-enabled device. Simply tap a device onto the NFC Express 2 to log in to Windows without typing a password, play or resume a video from the last stopping point, or back up photos and videos added since the device was last synced to the PC. ASUS Wireless Charger lets users charge Qi-compatible smart devices simply by placing them on the charger. Its wireless design eliminates clutter caused by cables and power adapters.
- ROG Maximus VII Hero is a Z97 ATX gaming motherboard featuring the LGA 1150 socket and support for Intel's 4th-, new 4th- and 5th-generation processors to give enthusiasts unmatched gaming performance. The world's first dual-color PCB motherboard, it sports the distinctive ROG black and red color scheme, and also features premium components, black nickel CPU socket covers and improved circuit layouts. The Maximus VII Hero boasts advanced networking and audio for gaming, along with an upgraded UEFI BIOS and M.2 connectivity with up to 10Gbit/s data transfer speeds.
AVAILABILITY & PRICING
Product availability varies by country. Please contact your local ASUS representative for further information.
ASUS is a worldwide top-three consumer notebook vendor and maker of the world's best-selling, most award-winning, motherboards. A leading enterprise in the new digital era, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home and office, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, displays, desktop and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, servers, multimedia devices, wireless solutions, networking devices, tablets and smartphones. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 4,256 awards in 2013 and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with its Eee PCTM. ASUS has more than 12,500 employees around the globe with a world-class R&D team of 3,800 engineers. Company revenue for 2013 was approximately US$14 billion.