Latest APU and GPU technologies are designed to enable developers and delight tech enthusiasts, hard-core gamers and mainstream consumers alike
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) - As technology leaders from around the globe arrive in Las Vegas for the 2014 International CES®, AMD (NYSE: AMD) delivers a technology showcase like no other. Inside the AMD exhibit (#CP2 in the LVCC Central Plaza), show attendees will enjoy an array of innovations powered by the latest AMD APU and graphics technologies, from stunning graphics on 4K displays, gaming on a variety of devices including tablets and the latest game consoles, to new consumer-friendly PCs supporting both Microsoft Windows® and GoogleTM Android applications. The star of the show is the ground-breaking "Surround House 2: Monsters in the Orchestra," a 360-degree surround-computing demonstration that leverages the immense computing capabilities of AMD technologies to create an immersive, first-of-its-kind audiovisual and interactive experience.
"We live in an exciting new world where computing is everywhere and transforming our daily lives," said Lisa Su, senior vice president and general manager, AMD Global Business Units. "AMD is at the heart of the innovations, driving a vision of ‘Surround Computing' to provide the most visually compelling, immersive experiences in gaming, the next-generation of PCs, and the cloud. We are truly re-defining modern computing with our customers and ecosystem partners here at CES."
2014 AMD at CES Highlights:
- "Kaveri"- AMD's most powerful APUs ever, the AMD A10 7850K and 7700K (codenamed "Kaveri"), are now shipping and will be on shelves in desktops early next week, with pre-orders starting today from select system builders. "Kaveri" is the world's first APU to include Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) features, the immersive sound of AMD TrueAudio Technology and the performance gaming experiences of Mantle API. "Kaveri"-based notebooks will be available in the first half of this year.
- "Discovery Project" - Winner of two coveted CES Innovations Awards, the "Discovery Project" features AMD's upcoming low-power "Mullins" APU in an imaginative tablet, game controller and productivity dock created to demonstrate the full capabilities of AMD innovation. The "Discovery Project" is on display in the 2014 CES Innovation Showcase as well as being demonstrated at AMD's booth.
- Android OS Experience on Windows - AMD and its technology partner BlueStacks announced a new joint solution bringing the full Android OS experience to Windows-based tablets, 2-in-1s, notebooks and desktops optimized for fourth-generation AMD APUs.The solution allows Android to run virtually within Windows, eliminating the need to disengage from one OS before using another, and provides familiar Android interfaces, app support and direct file sharing, giving Android appsaccess to files stored within the Windows file system.
- Mantle - 2014 CES will be the site of the first public demonstration of DICE's "Battlefield 4TM" running AMD's Mantle on a 4K display. Show-goers can also experience Oxide Games' "StarSwarm" demo for their "Nitrous" game engine, which also uses Mantle, when visiting AMD's booth.
- New AMD RadeonTM R9/R7/R5 M200 Series GPUs - AMD's new family of mobile discrete GPU products make their debut at this year's CES in systems from Alienware, Clevo®, Lenovo and MSI. Based on AMD's award-winning Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, the new AMD Radeon R9, R7 and R5 M200 Series mobile discrete GPUs offer premium graphics performance and outstanding image quality with support for Mantle API. AMD's 2014 mobile discrete GPU roadmap can be found here.
"Surround House 2: Monsters in the Orchestra"
Bringing AMD's Surround Computing vision to life in an overwhelming and unique way, "Surround House 2: Monsters in the Orchestra" engages show-goers in an instrumental performance by a collection of misfit monsters performing in a 360-degree domed theater. This immersive experience uses many of AMD's current and developing technologies including gesture control optimized by HSA features on the new "Kaveri" APU, next-generation AMD FireProTM graphics driving 14 million pixels across six projectors, and 32.4 channels of audio processed with AMD TrueAudio technology and presented with Discrete Digital Multipoint Audio.
The White House: "We The Geeks" Hangout with AMD
Underscoring its commitment to the world of technology today and tomorrow, AMD Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer Mark Papermaster will participate in a special CES edition of the popular "We The Geeks" moderated panel sessions. "We The Geeks: The Future of Computing" will explore how technology for computing devices is driving them to become completely ingrained in our everyday lives. This special CES edition will be moderated by Tom Kalil, White House Deputy Director for Technology and Innovation, and will take place Wednesday, Jan. 8, at 11 a.m. PST. "We the Geeks" is a new series of Google+ Hangouts that highlights the future of science, technology, and innovation in the United States, and are webcast live on WhiteHouse.gov/WeTheGeeks and the White House Google+ page with a concurrent social media conversation on Twitter at #WeTheGeeks.
- Read about all AMD's CES news at www.amd.com/ces
- Visit AMD's booth at CES, #CP2 in the LVCC Central Plaza
- Watch the construction of AMD's "Surround House 2: Monsters in the Orchestra"
- Read the full Bluestacks/Android press release
- Learn more about AMD RadeonTM R9/R7/R5 M200 Series GPUs at www.amd.com/radeon
- See AMD Product Roadmaps
- Join the conversation at #AMDCES
- Follow AMD on Twitter @amd or on Facebook
AMD (NYSE: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.