Nokia has announced a total of six new devices at Nokia World in Abu Dhabi this morning. The roster of new smart connected devices includes the company’s first tablet, the company’s first phablets and a trio of budget priced Asha phones. However that is not all, Nokia also updated us on some big third party apps coming to Windows Phone including Vine, Flipboard, InNote and Instagram.
Nokia Lumia 2520 Windows RT 8.1 tablet
Product manager Paul Bischof said that Nokia’s first tablet “takes everything you’ve got in your desktop or laptop and crams all that into a device that’s only 8.9mm thick and weighs a little over a pound.” The Nokia Lumia 2520 has a 10.1-inch 1080p Gorilla Glass 2 coated screen and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor. The device boasts 4G LTE modem and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Display: 10.1-inch 1080p full HD (1920×1080) AHIPS Capacitive Multi-Touch Display, Gorilla Glass 2
- Processor: 2.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, microSD card support up to 32GB, SkyDrive
- Primary camera: 6.7MP Auto Focus ZEISS optics with f1.9 aperture; FFC: 2MP HD wide-angle
- Networks: GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz; WCDMA: 850, 900, 1800, 1900, 2100MHz; LTE: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13, 17, 20
- Speed: LTE: 150 Mbps DL / 50 Mbps UL
- Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS+GLONASS, WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n, microUSB 3.0, BT 4.0 LE, 3.5mm audio connector
- Size & weight: 267 x 168 x 8.9* mm (*volumetric); 615g
- Battery: 8000mAh
- Audio: Stereo front facing speakers
- Case colours: red, cyan, white and black
- Software: Windows RT 8.1, complete Microsoft Outlook and Office experience
The new Lumia tablet has an approximate battery life of 10 hours. Quick-charge capability means that the battery can be charged from zero to 80 per cent in one hour.
Nokia are keen to point out the main camera quality on this tablet; a 6.7-megapixel camera with ZEISS optics and an f1.9 aperture. The camera is said to offer great low-light performance and is supported by two new apps Storyteller and Video Director, “which will help you make the most of the media you capture and create”.
An accessory called the Nokia Power Keyboard will be made to accompany the tablet and offer a built-in keyboard with touch-pad, up to five hours extra battery life, two extra USB ports and wrap-around tablet protective properties.
The Nokia Lumia 2520 will be initially sold in the US, UK and Finland for the equivalent of $499 plus local taxes.