As it turns out the Tahiti tablet from Orange UK will cost just a penny short of £70, but customers will need to be tied into a 24 month contract costing £25 a month.
Nonetheless, the Android slate is certainly going to tempt Orange customers with its black and silver finish, five megapixel camera, 1.2 GHz Qualcomm processor and fully-stocked Android marketplace.
The Tahiti features a multi-touch 7in LCD screen, Adobe Flash Player support, AGPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G+ and weighs just 390g.
Orange will throw in its usual offers for those who buy the new tablet, including its Orange Wednesday deal of two for one cinema tickets and the option to purchase broadband from £5 a month.
Paul Jevons, Director of Products and Devices, Everything Everywhere, said: "We’re pleased to be expanding our portfolio of own-brand devices into tablets for the first time. The Tahiti is a stylish, lightweight device with a great quality screen, which we believe really does offer great value innovation and will help customers to get the most out of their multimedia content whilst on the go”.
· Standby Time: 6 hours working time
· Screen size: 7 inches LCD
· Weight: 390g
· Thickness: 10.5mm
· Chipset: Qualcomm 8260 Dual Core 1.2 GHz
· Camera Features: 5 mega pixel
· Connectivity: WiFi, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, GPS/A-GPS, HSPA+
· Memory: RAM: 512MB; EMMC: 8GB
· Operating System: Android Honeycomb
· Sensor: Light sensor, gravity sensor and eCompass
· User interface: SDHC, Micro SD interface, Micro USB, 3.5mm stereo audio jack, stereo speaker, build-in MIC, HDMI type D, USIM card slot
· Battery: Li-Polymer, 3.7V, 4000mAh
For more information on the Tahiti from Orange, including full price plan terms and conditions, visit www.orange.co.uk.