S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky is set one year before the events of S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl at a time when Zone terrotories are scoured by groups of s.t.a.l.k.e.r.s warring over territoties. As a mercentary called scar, you find yourself thrown into the battle over land, power and artifacts.
The developer says it has concentrated on creating a sinister atmosphere and with DX10 support (will also work with DX9 and 10) will include variable weather conditions, life-like animations and detailed landscapes.
The AI has apparently been enhanced and it will make independent situation-based decisions that impact the further course of the game. Only in the last few levels is the player guided towards a given end of the story, which leads to the events described in Shadow of Chernobyl.
• Unique mix of action-laden first-person shooter and complex role-playing game
• Gigantic scope: many new levels are available, plus some completely overhauled levels from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl and many side quests with motivating rewards
• Realistic simulation of the extensive S.T.A.L.K.E.R. world: enemy factions fight each other, mutants hunt of their own accord.
• Intermediate movie-quality cut scenes complement the thrilling back-story leading up to the events of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
• Numerous new in game features, such as fast travel, or extensive modification and repairing armor and weapons • Greatly improved artificial intelligence
• Complete DirectX 10 support for state-of- the-art graphic effects (God rays, soft particles, SSAO, dynamic volumetric smoke, dynamically wetting surface (rain effect) etc.)
• Dynamic transitions between day and night with realistic weather effects
• Detailed graphics, including an all-new animation engine
• Hugely expanded multiplayer part with many varied game modes and up to 32 players online or over LAN.