A quick heads up for Windows Mobile users. If you find your handset isn't complete without Microsoft's Windows Live Client, you'll be happy to hear there's a new-and-improved version now available.
The new release (v10.6.0042.1900), is available via your handset's browser at http://wl.windowsmobile.com. Microsoft's Windows Live for Windows Mobile Team lists its key features as follows:
- Synchronise Live contacts with your contacts on the device
- Synchronise your Live email (MSH, Hotmail, Live)
- View graphics, web links and contact photos in emails
- Respond to emails with voice recordings
- Upload photos to your Windows Live Spaces
Sadly, the Windows Live Client still doesn't include Windows Live Messenger, and the upgrade process isn't as straightforward as you'd hope. Microsoft warns that to prevent things going horribly wrong, you'll need to uninstall any previous version of Windows Live from your device prior to installing this new version.
We're still confident that Windows Mobile will become consumer-friendly at some point, but clearly it isn't ready yet.
Official announcement: blogs.msdn.com