The Fujifilm X-S1 is the latest addition to the company’s current X series and boasts a number of key features including a 12 megapixel 2/3 inch EXR CMOS sensor, a 26x optical precision zoom (24-624mm.) and a tilting three inch LCD screen with a 460,000 pixel resolution.
The camera supports continuous shooting of up to 10 frames-per-second, 1080p HD video capture, and features Super Macro and Panorama settings, as well as a variety of manual modes for adjusting aperture and shutter speeds.
It’s not cheap though. Fujifilm has slapped a $799.95 price tag on the X-S1, which will ship at the end of January.
Check out the main specifications:
- 2/3-inch 12 MP EXR-CMOS sensor
- High quality FUJINON 26x optical precision zoom 24-624mm (35mm equivalent) with Intelligent Digital Zoom boosting focal range up to 52x and Optical Image Stabilization
- Rubberized coating and metal dials
- Up to 10fps continuous shooting
- Tilting 3" 460,000 pixel resolution LCD screen with Sunlight mode
- Large EVF with 1.4 million pixel resolution and 26 degree viewing angle
- Full 1080p HD movie with stereo sound
- Super Macro focusing as close as 1cm
- Raw and jpeg shooting
- Film simulation modes
- Program / Shutter-Priority / Aperture-Priority / Manual modes
- Lithium Ion rechargeable battery providing up to 500 shots per charge
- 360° Motion Panorama mode
“We are very please to launch our new product X-S1 which is a perfect example of our visionary direction. The features like amazing zoom capabilities, incomparable image quality and DSLR looks in X-S1 expands our X series innovation into the bridge camera arena,” said Mr. A. Rajkumar, Country General Manager, Fujifilm India.
“At Fujifilm we always put efforts to bring more and more quality products to our customers. With X-S1 you won’t miss any action uncaptured, as the High Speed Continuous Shooting Function is capable of capturing action at almost 7fps at full 12 megapixel resolution or shoot at 10fps at 6 megapixel resolution for 8 continuous frames.”
Fujifilm is also keen to ensure that consumers are spoiled for choice in 2012 with 18 other cameras released across its FinePix range. The new products cover the whole spectrum of cameras from superzoom products, such as the FinePix HS30EXR and HS25EXR, to travel compact snappers, including the F660EXR.
For full details on all of Fujifilm’s new cameras visit: http://www.fujifilm.com/news/index.html
Fujifilm kicks off CES with a press conference on Monday, where it's rumoured to be holding back one special surprise; a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera.