mydlinkTM Home range kick starts with four intuitive connected products managed via a free app on smartphones and tablets
London, Friday 5th September 2014 - D-Link is breaking into the smart home arena with the launch of mydlinkTM Home, a complete smart home ecosystem. Starting with a portfolio of four connected products and the free mydlink Home app, users can monitor, automate and control their home easily from their sofa or from afar.
The range consists of two video home monitors, a motion detector and a smart plug. Individually, each of these devices gives home owners instant control from anywhere, anytime using a smartphone or tablet. They also help ease anxiety - for instance, if you leave the house for work and fear you have left the iron turned on, now you can check and turn it off remotely.
More impressively though, the products can be set up to work together through the intuitive, free mydlink Home mobile app for Android and iOS devices to create a truly automated home.
"D-Link's motto is ‘Home is where the smart is' and the new mydlink Home range fulfils that perfectly. Our complete smart home ecosystem truly simplifies home automation, control and security," said Paul Routledge, Senior Business Manager, D-Link UK&I.
"Most current ‘smart home' systems are expensive and complicated to install. We are leading the market in developing this affordable, full-featured do-it-yourself suite of home automation solutions. The devices can be used individually or together, set up quickly and don't require any monthly fees or subscriptions. Now it's easy to turn your simple home into a smart home," added Routledge.
According to ABI Research, a new generation of smart-looking as well as connected smart home products is drawing a growing swathe of consumers into smart home device spending. Shipments of these devices will grow at a close to 30% CAGR between 2013 and 2019, however their impact will extend far beyond individual device sales. The popularity of these devices, which can be accessed and controlled by smartphone apps as well as the web, helps spawn wider evolution in the home automation market.
You can use the products to:
- Detect unexpected motion
- You can set up the mydlink Home Wi-Fi Motion Sensor (DCH-S150) in the hallway alongside a mydlink Home Smart Plug (DSP-W215) connected to a lamp. When linked, if motion is detected, the smart plug is activated, which turns on the lamp.
- Also set schedules from within the app - turn on lights automatically when you're away from home or deactivate the motion sensor at night if pets are kept indoors.
- Improve home security
- Connect the mydlink Home Monitors to the motion sensor and receive texts or email alerts when activity is detected.
- The mydlink Home Monitor HD (DCS-935L) is a straightforward high-definition camera that offers secure, wireless AC connectivity, night vision and a microphone - ideal for monitoring the entrance to your home or your garage.
- The mydlink Home Monitor 360 (DCS-5010L) is a fully-featured pan and tilt camera with wireless and wired connectivity options and is best suited for controlled monitoring over larger rooms or both sides of a hallway.
The mydlink Home app is easy to navigate, and devices can be named and grouped for greater control. The products are all simple to set up, with WPS support for one-button installation. A QR code automatically adds all the relevant product information as part of the set-up wizard.
The mydlink Home product range will be available in Europe from October 7, 2014.
For more information, please visit: http://www.dlink.com/uk.
D-Link is one of the world's leading networking infrastructure providers, and this marks its 28th year of delivering innovative, high-performing and intuitive products for both businesses and consumers. For over a quarter of a century, D-Link has designed, developed and manufactured award-winning networking, wireless, storage, security and IP surveillance solutions. mydlinkTM Home is a range of smart home technology that enables homeowners to monitor, automate and control their home from anywhere, anytime using their smartphone or tablet.
D-Link delivers its extensive range of networking products to organisations and consumers through its global network of channel partners and service providers.
D-Link understands the significance of accessing, managing, securing and sharing data and digital content, and has pioneered many IP technologies to deliver a fully integrated Digital Home and business network experience.