Razer has updated its well known, perhaps even 'legendary', DeathAdder Gaming Mouse, first introduced back in 2006. The new DeathAdder Elite features an upgraded Razer designed sensor and is the first mouse to make use of Razer's new Mechanical Mouse Switches. Meanwhile the design maintains the award winning DeathAdder style and shape. Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO, claimed that "We’ve improved just about everything on the Razer DeathAdder Elite."
The new Razer flagship gaming mouse now features "the world’s best optical sensor," says Razer. Dubbed the Razer 5G Optical Sensor, this new component is said to be capable of tracking up to 16,000 dots per inch (DPI) at 450 inches per second (IPS). Razer goes on to boast of a record gaming mouse resolution accuracy (RA) of 99.4 per cent.
The other major change, as mentioned in the intro, concerns the mouse switch hardware. Razer has worked closely with well known switch supplier Omron to design the new Razer Mechanical Mouse Switches. Optimised for fast response, the new switches are also durable with a claimed lifetime of 50 million clicks. The improvements don't stop there as Razer has upgraded the scroll wheel and added DPI buttons just above it. Overall there are 7 buttons present.
Of course the new DeathAdder Elite features RGB 16.8 million colour illumination, and it is powered and synced via Razer Chroma technology. Beyond the multitude of colour options Razer offers various moving, cycling, breathing, and reactive lighting effects.
Razer has the new DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse up for pre-order right now at US$69.99/ EU€79.99. Availability is scheduled for October. Product tech specs are listed below.
- True 16,000 DPI optical sensor
- Up to 450 IPS / 50 g acceleration
- Razer Mechanical Mouse switches
- Ergonomic right-handed design with textured rubber side grips
- Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel
- 7 independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- Razer Chroma lighting with 16.8 million customizable colour options
- Razer Synapse enabled
- 1000 Hz ultrapolling
- On-the-fly sensitivity adjustment
- Gold-plated USB connector
- Seven-foot, lightweight, braided fibre cable
- Approximate size: 127 mm / 5 in (Length) x 70 mm / 2.76” (Width) x 44 mm / 1.73 in (Height)
- Approximate weight: 105 g / 0.23 lbs
Razer has also just launched its new Razer Gigantus Mouse Mat. This large surface mouse mat will be available in October, priced at $29.99.