Corsair has immediately taken advantage of its Cherry MX Speed keyswitch exclusivity deal to launch a trio of mechanical gaming keyboards featuring these choice components. The K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE, K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE and K70 RAPIDFIRE all feature Cherry’s fastest MX switches ever, and pass on the benefits of the 1.2mm actuation distance and low 45cN actuation force to these gaming keyboards. Overall these keyswitches are supposed to be 40 per cent faster than any previous Cherry MX variety. Corsair cheekily adds that the new MX Speed keyswitches offer users “the shortest path to victory”.
As you can probably guess from the model numbers, two of these keyboards use Cherry’s RGB LED keyswitches while the other offers configurable but single-colour LED backlighting (red). The RAPIDFIRE range follows Corsair’s gaming keyboard design language with brushed aluminium frames, detachable wrist rests and useful dedicated media controls. Corsair’s new keyboards share the following specifications:
- Ultrafast 1.2mm actuation and light 45g switch force for truly unrivalled response time.
- 100 per cent anti-ghosting and full key rollover over USB circuitry: No matter how fast you go your keypresses will always register.
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminium frame: Light weight and rugged durability you need for a keyboard that’s going to see a lot of action.
- 100 per cent Cherry MX Speed RGB key switches: Ultrafast performance with the precision and durability of Gold contact Cherry MX mechanical gaming key switches. (K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE and K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE Only.)
- Advanced lighting control and large font keycaps: Experience dynamic, vibrant multi-colour backlighting.
- The power of CUE: Sophisticated macro programming and fast, fluid dynamic multicolour illumination for an enlightened gaming experience.
- Detachable soft-touch wrist rest: The comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions.
- Dedicated multimedia controls: The control you need to adjust your audio without interrupting your game.
- USB Pass-through port: Positioned for uninterrupted game play and ready for your mouse or wireless headset adapter.
- FPS and MOBA keycap sets: Textured and contoured keycaps provide maximum grip and enhanced feel.
As outlined in the specs above, users can take full control of the lighting, presets, macros and other aspects of their keyboard using Corsair’s Utility Engine (CUE) software. Furthermore, thanks to CUE, the new keyboards can synchronise with other flashy Corsair peripherals you might own.
Corsair tells us that the new keyboards are available ‘immediately’ via the usual suppliers and distributors. Recommended prices are as follows; Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE - £149.99, K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE - £119.99, K70 RAPIDFIRE - £119.99.