Microsoft has added a new member to its Wireless Mobile Mouse range. The Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 Halo Limited Edition: The Master Chief is pretty much like it sounds; a Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 with some fancy graphics applied to the chassis. However there's not much to complain about as this 'Limited Edition' is exactly the same price as the plain vanilla version, both have an MSRP of US$29.95. So if you are a Halo fan or even just think the futuristic Sci-Fi look of Mr Master Chief will add that certain something to your mouse you might well choose this Limited Edition rodent if/when it becomes available in your region.
Microsoft's Brandon LeBlanc boasts that the new Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 Halo Limited Edition: The Master Chief "gloriously features a highly detailed Master Chief in his two-tone green MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armour and iconic gold hued visor". The product page also tries to whip Halo fans into a fervour by asking them to "gear up for battle" with this ambidextrous rodent.
Beyond the new paint job the specs remain as follows:
- BlueTrack Technology which is particularly forgiving of lesser mousing surfaces
- Sensor dynamically adaptable to 8000 frames per second, 1000 points per inch resolution, 1.8m/s tracking speed
- Mouse dimensions: 95.4 x 56.2 x 40.3 mm, weighs 90g inc battery.
- Stowable USB transceiver
- Wireless 2.4GHz frequency, 15ft range
- Eight months battery life from one alkaline AA battery
- Mouse button life of 3 million actuations
- Three year warranty
- Windows 7 or newer, compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7-10.9, Android 3.2 and 4.2
The Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 Halo Limited Edition: The Master Chief is available for pre-order from GameStop in the US for $29.95. From October it will become generally available in retailers including the Microsoft Store.