Obsessed with technology? Always wanted to write for a living? If you can answer yes to both, get in touch as HEXUS is hiring!
With our new website up and running, we're looking to inject some new blood into the team and we're searching for a News Writer and a Product Reviewer based in the UK.
Professional writing experience isn't a requirement for either role - though it can't do any harm - as we're ideally looking for new recruits who are committed, hard working, and above all passionate about technology.
Reckon you have what it takes to be a News Writer? Here's what you're going to need:
- A passion for all forms of technology. Your role will involve reporting on the latest developments in the tech world, so a familiarity with everything from CPUs to games consoles (and everything in between) is essential.
- Willingness to travel. HEXUS has offices located in Borehamwood and Warwick and you'll frequently pay visits to central London so it'll help to be situated nearby. That means UK residents only.
- Dedication. Writing about technology may seem like fun (who are we kidding, it is!) but it's also hard work. We take it seriously and you should too. Be prepared to spend hours fact-checking, finding stories, making contacts and reporting breaking news.
- Natural flair for writing. You don't have to have written for Le Monde (in fact you don't need any professional experience at all), but you should take pride in publishing articles on site a visited by millions of people each month.
- Be a team player. The experienced HEXUS editorial team is full of bright minds and colourful characters, so you'll need to be able to heed our advice and follow instructions.
- Commitment. The News Writer will, for the most part, work from home and must consequently be organised, reliable and trustworthy.
See yourself as a Product Reviewer? You'll need many of the above traits, as well as a few others:
- Location. The Product Reviewer must be based near Warwick and will work at the HEXUS office alongside experienced editors.
- Product knowledge. Your role will include testing and evaluating the latest PC components, and familiarity with everything from motherboards to sticks of RAM will stand you in good stead.
- Benchmarking experience. You should be familiar with handling benchmarks for a wide range of products.
- Ability to meet deadlines. You'll have the chance to play with the latest hardware prior to release, but you'll be required to complete reviews on schedule.
Certain you've got what it takes? Here's what to do:
- Write two sample news articles or one short review that is relevant to HEXUS. You can cover any area of technology, but know that we're looking for a combination of knowledge, accuracy, wit and authority. Benchmarks aren't a requirement for the review, but they won't hurt. And if you think you're up to it, there's no harm in applying for both roles.
- Tell us a bit about yourself - who are you, what makes you passionate about technology, what do you like about HEXUS, what do you dislike (be nice), and most importantly, why you want to be a technology writer?
Working hours and remuneration are negotiable (yep, we actually pay people to be geeks), so if you're adamant you fit the profile, drop us a line at recruitment@HEXUS.net with News Writer or Product Reviewer in the subject line. Don't flood our inboxes with attachments or lurid mug shots, and remember, you need to be aged 16 or over. Good luck!