GENEVA, December 6, 2017 – HP Inc. today unveiled the HP ENVY x2, an Always Connected PC1 that combines the best of a smartphone experience with the best of a Windows PC. Impossibly thin and incredibly durable, the HP ENVY x2 offers lightning fast 4G LTE2 and Wi-Fi and features the world’s longest battery life in a Windows detachable3.
The striking HP ENVY x2 utilizes the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile PC platform3, giving users the freedom to be mobile with instant-on access to applications. With up to 20 hours of battery life1 the detachable PC is built to enhance video streaming for binge-watching and provides flexibility and connectivity to perform daily tasks while on the go.
“A growing number of consumers are looking for more reliable connectivity throughout their days, and they are twice as likely to purchase a PC when it comes with built-in 4G LTE5,” said Anne-Sophie Hadberg, head of Consumer Personal Systems EMEA, HP Inc. “The HP ENVY x2, with the world’s longest battery life in a Windows detachable PC, delivers the next generation of Always Connected PCs by providing a seamless experience anywhere life takes you.”
“Qualcomm Technologies is pleased to extend our long-standing mobile and connectivity leadership together with HP to deliver a new category of Always Connected PCs,” said Cristiano Amon, Executive Vice President, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and President, Qualcomm CDMA Technologies (QCT). “The HP Envy x2 successfully utilizes our expertise in these areas to offer consumers an exciting new PC experience in a compelling form factor with LTE and Wi-Fi connectivity, changing the ways in which people can interact with and use their personal computers.”
The beautiful and durable HP ENVY x2 with Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ is optimized for extraordinary battery life and an always on experience. Specific features include:
· Go everywhere design: The fanless and incredibly thin and light CNC Machined Aluminium tablet is 6.9 mm6 and .70kg (1.54 lbs.)7 It features a brilliant 12.3-inch diagonal touch WUXGA+ display8 with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 for increased durability and scratch resistance when on the go.
· Versatility for on the go: The ENVY x2 is wrapped in a sophisticated leather-like textured case in Oxford Blue and integrates a 110 to 150-degree adjustable stand to transform the device into laptop mode for comfortable viewing. The backlit keyboard has a 1.3 mm key travel for a smooth typing experience in any lighting condition. Easily switch to tablet mode to view videos and unleash creativity with the Windows Ink pen for a natural drawing and writing experience with simultaneous pen and touch.
· Ultra-fast LTE and powerful performance: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X16 LTE modem supports 4G LTE-Advanced2 with ultra-fast downlink speeds9 allows for blazing fast connections. Users will also have the performance to do more with the speedy and power efficient Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile PC platform4, multi-task with up to 8 GB LPDDR4X PoP memory, and store movies and pictures with up to 256 GB10 of storage.
· Productivity with richer connected experiences: Windows 10 S11 provides reliable access to familiar and verified applications like Microsoft Office and Microsoft Edge while on the go. Users get added security benefits to protect against phishing and malicious software. Users will also have a one-time option to switch to Windows 10 Pro11 to access the full ecosystem of Windows applications.
· Optimized battery life: Binge-watch your favourite show with battery life up to 20 hours3 and get up to 700 hours in Connected Modern Standby12 with the power efficient Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 architecture4 to be always on and in sync for instant-on access.
HP ENVY x2 Pricing and Availability
HP ENVY x2 will be available in the UK market from February 2018, with prices ranging from £999-1199 including keyboard and pen.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
1. Requires network connectivity.
2. 4G LTE module requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G LTE not available in all regions.
3. Up to 20 hours local video playback requires unit configured with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC, 8gb RAM, 128gb UFS storage. Battery life tested by HP using continuous FHD video playback, 1080p (1920x1080) resolution, 150 nits brightness, system audio level at 17%, player audio level at 100%, played full-screen from local storage, headphone attached, wireless on but not connected. Actual battery life will vary depending on configuration and maximum capacity will naturally decrease with time and usage.
4. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Qualcomm’s numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
5. HP internal customer research conducted 1,200 online interviews split equally across four countries in March 2017.
6. Thickness includes detached tablet only.
7. Weight includes tablet, keyboard, and cover. Weight and system dimensions may fluctuate due to configuration and manufacturing variances.
8. WUXGA+ content required to view full WUXGA+ (1920x1280) images.
9. Actual LTE band support and performance are dependent on network conditions and type of activity at time of use and will vary by region, country, and operator network.
10. For solid state drives, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
11. Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com. Windows 10 S works exclusively with apps from the Windows Store. Certain default settings, features, and apps cannot be changed. Some accessories and apps compatible with Windows 10 may not work (including some antivirus, PDF Writers, driver utilities and accessibility apps) and performance may vary, even if you switch to Windows 10 Pro configuration (fee may apply). You can’t switch back to Windows 10 S. Learn more at Windows.com/Windows10SFAQ.
12. System in Connected Modern Standby mode wireless on. Standby time will vary depending on various factors including battery, network configuration, individual usage pattern and configuration. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage.