LONDON, UK – September 7, 2016 – Adobe today revealed a series of innovations coming soon in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Marketing Cloud in advance of IBC in Amsterdam. Keeping pace with high velocity content demands across both new and traditional platforms, Adobe will showcase advancements in VR, 3D, motion graphics and character animation supported by tools to deliver, measure and monetise TV and film content across multiple screens. At IBC, Adobe will demonstrate these advancements at Stand 7.G27 in the RAI Amsterdam Convention Center and at over 107 partner booths from September 9-13.
“Adobe is helping video creators of all kinds – from broadcasters and big movie studios to YouTubers and brands – create their best work,” said Bill Roberts, senior director of product management at Adobe. “As these stories take shape, ideas need to seamlessly move between tools, technologies and teams. Adobe’s multiscreen solution helps media companies connect with their audiences in a personalised way by delivering compelling experiences and adopting immersive capabilities such as 3D, VR and AR.”
Video editors from Hollywood to Sundance to YouTube are taking note of Adobe Creative Cloud, most recently Disney’s Pete’s Dragon, and through the work of next-generation creators like Smosh, RocketJump and SoKrispyMedia. Television networks are making history by bringing characters to life with Character Animator in The Simpsons and Cartoon Donald Trump on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Additionally, NBC Sports recently leveraged Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions to power the digital delivery of the 2016 Rio Olympics.
"I love keeping everything under one roof. I love the idea that it's all housed under one banner and that all the apps within Adobe Creative Cloud can talk to each other. And for all of my future projects I want to really explore that workflow. It's a really exciting sphere to be working within," said David Lowery, director of Disney’s Pete’s Dragon.
Driving the Future of VR, 3D and Animation
Expanding on the new VR features launched earlier this year, Adobe is unveiling additional innovation in the next release of Premiere Pro CC including auto-aware VR that seamlessly detects and applies the correct setting to stereoscopic and monoscopic media. Capabilities in Adobe Primetime empower media companies to capture the full potential of VR by building sustainable businesses and delivering premium viewing experiences. These include video playback support, dynamic ad insertion and content protection via Adobe’s Virtual Reality Digital Rights Management (VRDRM).
Rapidly accelerating 3D content creation, Adobe will showcase a 3D rendering engine which increases the pace and efficiency of 3D content generation. Artists can also now create editable 3D elements such as text and shape layers intuitively from within After Effects CC with new Cinerender technology from MAXON. Puppet creation and animation with Character Animator, Adobe’s popular live motion-capture tool, will get even better with faster and easier through integrated round-trip functionality between Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Illustrator CC.
Powerful Integrated Workflows and Performance Enhancements
With Adobe Creative Cloud, post-production teams can move freely from application to application without interrupting the creative flow. New features in both Creative Cloud and Marketing Cloud let media companies and content creators engage their audiences more effectively across any screen:
- Huge productivity gains (up to six times faster) with Adobe Stock video are reported in a new study by Pfeiffer Consulting, which compares using video with Adobe Stock and other stock services.
- Performance improvements with real-time playback in a new After Effects video preview architecture lets users play raw footage in real-time, eliminating the need to cache before previewing footage. GPU-accelerated effects enable faster render compositions.
- Refined Lumetri Colour toolsin Premiere Pro CC now provides HDR10 metadata support for editing and delivering HDR10 for new HDR-enabled TVs and displays, plus expanded support for colour space metadata, providing greater precision for delivering brilliant imagery.
- Destination Publishing to render and share video to Behance, the world’s largest creative community, is now possible along with YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
- Better captions and subtitles in Premiere Pro CC lets users easily create and fine-tune captions to enliven silent auto-play video previews on Facebook for higher engagement, target different languages or improve accessibility for hearing impaired viewers.
- Actionable analytics in Adobe Analytics for Video allows users to measure streams instead of just video starts and stops, delivering a more comprehensive view of how videos are consumed.
- Premium ad-supported viewing on connected devices is now supported in Adobe Primetime, allowing media companies to deliver quality and buffer-free experiences, while weaving content and ads together into a single stream.
Collaboration for Connected Teams
Adobe will showcase its new hosted collaboration service, Team Projects, to address the challenge of working with other editors and designers across multiple projects and tools. Built on Adobe Anywhere technology, Team Projects integrates deep collaboration features such as version control and smart conflict resolutions and allows editors and motion graphics artists to work simultaneously within Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC and Adobe Prelude CC. Additionally, the data in Team Projects will be securely hosted in the cloud and media files referenced by Team Projects can be locally stored source files or shared lightweight proxies.
- Unveiling Created Connectivity – Creative Cloud
- YouTube Live Event with Jason Levine on September 7 from 4-5pm BST
- Learn more about Creative Cloud Video
- Adobe Feature Reveal “What’s New?” and Datasheet
- Adobe Feature Reveal Blog
- Facebook: Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro, After Effects, CC Video & Audio
- Twitter: Creative Cloud, CC Video & Audio, Premiere Pro, After Effects
- Blogs: Premiere Pro & Media Encoder, After Effects, Audition, Character Animator
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com/uk.