Join Paragon’s continuing beta program and enter to win one of 100 commercial licenses of Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac. All other beta testers get a 30% discount on the final product!
FREIBURG, Germany, July 30, 2015 – Paragon Software Group (PSG), a leader in data backup, disaster recovery, and data migration solutions, announces the release of Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac Preview– a powerful tool to handle all disk management tasks on OS X. Following two months of extensive beta testing, Paragon Software has integrated user feedback and added new backup and recovery functionality. The product comes with major new backup techniques, including sector and file-level backups of any partition or disk (MBR and GPT disks, and NTFS, HFS+, FAT32 and ExtFS file systems) to pVHD (Paragon Virtual Hard Drive). Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac Preview now includes Paragon’s proprietary Volume Snapshot technology that allows users to easily create an exact point-in-time copy of their data and system, including running applications and locked system files. Unlike Time Machine and other file-level backup utilities, Paragon’s snapshot technology has very fast backup and restore capabilities allowing users to get their systems up and running in a matter of minutes following a disaster.
Key new features:
- Sector-level backup to create complete file system backups including partition parameters.
- Backup any partition or disk (supports MBR and GPT disks, and NTFS, HFS+, FAT32 and ExtFS file systems).
- up an entire hard disk or individual partitions to pVHD (Paragon Virtual Hard Drive).
- Backup of the operating system (automatically determined by the operating system and backs up only the sections of these operating systems).
- Incremental imaging for minimizing backup image storage footprint.
- Snapshot technology for very fast backup and restore of the system and data, including running applications and locked system files.Any restore destination – restore to the same place or any other (various recovery scenarios are supported).
Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac is the result of more than 20 years of development in data protection, backup and disaster recovery on Windows and OS X. While this new product’s efficient and flexible backup technologies are useful to any OS X user, it is especially beneficial on dual-boot systems as it can back up both OS X and Windows.
In order to improve the quality of the product and integrate as much customer input as possible, Mac users are invited to download and test the new software free of charge from http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-mac/. The 100 most active beta testers will get free commercial licenses while all other beta testers get a 30% discount on the commercial release, which is scheduled for fall 2015.
Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac provides the ability to format volumes in any of the common file systems (HFS+, NTFS, ExtFS, FAT 16/FAT 32 and exFAT). It can also convert between the MBR, GPT and hybrid GPT+MBR partitioning schemes, and correct Windows boot issues including those occurring when moving the operating system to new hardware.
Pricing & Availability:
Paragon Hard Disk Manager Preview is available for immediate download free of charge at http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-mac/. The commercial release is scheduled for fall 2015. Users of Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac Preview will get a 30% discount on the commercial product at that time. For other Mac OS X tools, please visit Paragon’s Mac Toolbox at http://www.paragon-software.com/mac/.